Exhaust question

EHunt

Established Member
Hi, I just bought an '03 cobra and am new to this board. I was wanting to upgrade my exhaust for my first mod but don't know much about the different comboes. I want to go with a bassani x-pipe and flowmaster 2 chamber mufflers but I heard x-pipes dont work well with chambered mufflers. I was wondering if anyone had more information on if this is true or not. I like the sound of flowmasters because they are deep and aggressive sounding. But I definitely dont wanna use mufflers that will hurt performance just because I like the way they sound. Thanks in advance for any tips/advice.

XtraVenom03

Established Member
If you wanna run an X pipe I suggest you go with a Magna flow cat back, Borla, Dynomax, or get money crazy and get the Bassani.

mineral03

Established Member
Ive never heard of anyone having problems with using a chambered muffler with an X pipe... maybe i missed something somewhere, but i cant see that making much of a diff. If you really dont want to restrict power, i wouldnt go with noisemasters( i mean flowmasters!!!), theres just much better muffs out there for the money. Alot of people seem to like the magnaflow system, its one of the cheaper catbacks out there, and sounds/performs good ( from what i hear). If you got the $$$, you cant go wrong with Borla or Bassani, both sound/perform awesome, but they are expensive. Im runnin some spintech mufflers, and have no complaints. I have some video from in the car, where you can hear the exhaust, but i have no way to host any vids...

Users who are viewing this thread