Exhaust question...

jjhirsch

Established Member
Dont worry guys...I may be a newb but I know the SEARCH button...I found some threads on it but no final thoughts, so I thought I would ask. If I replace the resonator with a Flowmaster or similar and replace the stock mufflers with straight pipes with 4" tips....How loud or not loud would it be?? I have Ultra Flo's ont here now but they are not kickin' it.

Jonathan

Jason43

Brewer, patriot
Established Member
You would most likely get some rasp, especially with a flowmaster....they just don't sound good on anything less than a V8 IMO(plus they are baffled :( ). If anything, I would keep the mufflers and remove the res, or replace it with a straight through unit(ie Borla, Magnaflow).

98svt4me

Established Member
i have flowmasters on my svt contour i hollowed out the catalytic converter and removed my resinator with a straight pipe and but 40 series 2 chamber flowmasters on it's really loud when its cold its wicked raspy but when it warms up it sounds nice i would go with the flowmasters

Y2KSVT

Established Member
Flowmasters have not proven themselves too well for the Contours. If you want a full catback I would go with either Bassani(sounds deep and descently loud), Brullen, or the True Bendz system.. If you go only mufflers Id stick with the Magnaflows.. You may throw a Magnaflow resanator on if you get any rasp from any of these systems, but with a 2.5L with nothing else done to your exhaust, you shouldn't have any problems with rasp.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread