exhaust question

SC Cobra

Established Member
does anybody have a 5.0 cobra with stock cats and 1 chamber flows that are dumped just ahead of the axle, im thinking of getting 1 chambers and doing this, but i got no clue of whats it going to sound like.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
One word for ya: LOUD!!!

It would get on your nerves quickly unless you like listening to almost direct exhaust pulses.

COBRASVT

Established Member
But with stock cats/resinators, it might not be that bad. I had an off road H with 2 chamber dumps and it sounded pretty damn good.

The cats and resanators on the 94/95's kill a lot of the sound.

SC Cobra

Established Member
i also thought of putting on a bassani x-pipe with high flow cats and with that either 1 or 2 chamber flows.

roushcobra

Established Member
Exhaust sound is very subjective... I put an offroad H pipe and 2 chamber Flowmasters on my 97 Vobra after _everyone_ raved about how cool it sounds. I ended up adding two highflow cats to the H pipe because I thought my ears were going to bleed with the top and windows up. Now it's perfect for _me_.

A guy here locally has an offroad H pipe and single chamber Flowmasters with dumps on his Fox body Mustang. His neighbors have harassed him into changing it.

Isn't there a website with sound files of the various combos?

SC Cobra

Established Member
any idea on how much a bassani x-pipe with high flow cats would end up costing me?

Users who are viewing this thread