Exhaust Question/Help

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
I was hoping to get some insight on a couple exhaust options. Hoping maybe someone has either or has heard/worked with either. But all comments welcome.

Like others on here, I really like look of the stock tips, and that's one of the reasons I haven't swapped out the exhaust. I also like the stock sound. What I'm looking for is a little louder/deeper.

I found this, but haven't seen anyone on here with just this, a cut and clamp xpipe from Borla.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/borla-or-xpipe-1314gt500.html

Second, I found this MRT axle back, which sound pretty good IMO and from what I can tell in some pictures, looks to mimic the factory tip design.

[video=youtube_share;RlDKSygaT6E]http://youtu.be/RlDKSygaT6E[/video]

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I would go with stainless works catback. If you want to keep the look of the factory tips check out the Corsa axle back.

5.8 Venom

Established Member
The MRT sounded good, a lot like the stock, but maybe a little louder on the throttle. IMO

paluka21

Established Member
If you want "deeper" an Xpipe isn't want you want. Flowmaster is putting out a new muffler which may be to your liking, however their tip design is ugly. Hoping by the time they release the muffler, there will be other tips on them.

mullens

Established Member
X2. X pipe is raspy compared to H. I'm still stuck on the stock system. I think they got it just right.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Running 1 3/4" Kooks & catted X pipe on my 11 through the stock mufflers. A bit louder than stock........except when you put your foot down.
My 14 is in the shop now, it will have 1 7/8" Kooks, catted " green " X pipe, & stock mufflers....No need to draw unwanted attention !

Van@RevanRacing

I was hoping to get some insight on a couple exhaust options. Hoping maybe someone has either or has heard/worked with either. But all comments welcome.

Like others on here, I really like look of the stock tips, and that's one of the reasons I haven't swapped out the exhaust. I also like the stock sound. What I'm looking for is a little louder/deeper.

I found this, but haven't seen anyone on here with just this, a cut and clamp xpipe from Borla.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/borla-or-xpipe-1314gt500.html

Second, I found this MRT axle back, which sound pretty good IMO and from what I can tell in some pictures, looks to mimic the factory tip design.

I also like the stock muffler sound and look. I don't know if you can do it but an MRT Off Road H-Pipe with stock manifolds and mufflers sounds pretty good.

[video=youtube;ipggbCFmBkM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipggbCFmBkM&list=UU8eceJVeRMVV6gROtON007A&feature=share&index=3[/video]

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
I also like the stock muffler sound and look. I don't know if you can do it but an MRT Off Road H-Pipe with stock manifolds and mufflers sounds pretty good.

Hey Van, That does sound pretty good. Do you carry the O/R H? If so, what's the price, I didn't see it on your site. Sorry if I missed it.

Does the MRT require any cutting of the stock exhaust? I want to keep the OEM stuff in good condition in case.

Also, last question, does it need a tune in order to correct the fact there will be no cats? Or are there adapters or something for it?

Edit - I'm dumb. Found it: http://www.revanracing.com/products/2011-2013-shelby-gt500-mrt-maxflow-h-pipe-exhaust-without-cats.html

Last edited:

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
Van, off topic but in the video where is the go-pro mounted?

cdh027

Established Member
Mac is "supposedly" making an off road pro chamber for our cars. I'm guessing it will sound f-ing sweet with the stock exhaust. I hope they come out with this soon as this is the route I want to take.

Van@RevanRacing

Hey Van, That does sound pretty good. Do you carry the O/R H? If so, what's the price, I didn't see it on your site. Sorry if I missed it.

Does the MRT require any cutting of the stock exhaust? I want to keep the OEM stuff in good condition in case.

Also, last question, does it need a tune in order to correct the fact there will be no cats? Or are there adapters or something for it?

Edit - I'm dumb. Found it: http://www.revanracing.com/products/2011-2013-shelby-gt500-mrt-maxflow-h-pipe-exhaust-without-cats.html

No cutting required whatsoever with the MRT Off Road H Pipe. I normally recommend a tune to turn off COT Protection Strategy and to turn off the rear O2 sensors but there are folks that have used MIL Eliminators (trick PCM into thinking CATS are still in place, no tune)

Van, off topic but in the video where is the go-pro mounted?

Hey Willie, right on the back bumper.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
No cutting required whatsoever with the MRT Off Road H Pipe. I normally recommend a tune to turn off COT Protection Strategy and to turn off the rear O2 sensors but there are folks that have used MIL Eliminators (trick PCM into thinking CATS are still in place, no tune)

Thanks for the info Van. Technically, a tune of any nature would or well, could potentially void my warranty though. That's the only things I'm worried about.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the tip. I've been testing different spots but so far I've only gotten wind noise.

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Running 1 3/4" Kooks & catted X pipe on my 11 through the stock mufflers. A bit louder than stock........except when you put your foot down.
My 14 is in the shop now, it will have 1 7/8" Kooks, catted " green " X pipe, & stock mufflers....No need to draw unwanted attention !

Will love to hear this setup when its complete, please post up what ever media you can with its finished.

Users who are viewing this thread