Exhaust please help!

Candler8

Established Member
So my 2010 has been making a weird, almost whining, noise when I first accelerate...only under 20 mph....the ford dealer, after 2 days, tells me ithat the exhaust has to be replaced...

i tried educating myself, h pope,x pipe, delete, bora, axle back....so now I'm more confused.

can someone, anyone, please explain what this means, who to talk to, what to buy...in very basic terms...I'm a football coach not a mechanic :)

id rather upgrade since it has to be done anyways...I have no mods...like the way the car sounds now...don't want to spend a fortune, but have no desire to pay for the ford stock exhaust that already had to be replaced.

thanks so much for your help...I know you guys can break this down for me.

SinisterMustang

Established Member
So my 2010 has been making a weird, almost whining, noise when I first accelerate...only under 20 mph....the ford dealer, after 2 days, tells me ithat the exhaust has to be replaced...

i tried educating myself, h pope,x pipe, delete, bora, axle back....so now I'm more confused.

can someone, anyone, please explain what this means, who to talk to, what to buy...in very basic terms...I'm a football coach not a mechanic :)

id rather upgrade since it has to be done anyways...I have no mods...like the way the car sounds now...don't want to spend a fortune, but have no desire to pay for the ford stock exhaust that already had to be replaced.

thanks so much for your help...I know you guys can break this down for me.

Hey Candler8,

Car parts can definitely be frustrating. More importantly though, i can help! My question to you is, where is the noise coming from? I can definitely get you pointed in the right direction, I just need to know what part were working with!

Let me know if i can be of further assistance!

Thanks,

- Mchael

Candler8

Established Member
Hey Candler8,

Car parts can definitely be frustrating. More importantly though, i can help! My question to you is, where is the noise coming from? I can definitely get you pointed in the right direction, I just need to know what part were working with!

Let me know if i can be of further assistance!

Thanks,

- Mchael

appreciate the help...he said the problem was pinpointed to ballast inside of muffler....I was going to replace the whole thing.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds fishy. I wonder what they did to come to that conclusion. Your car is 100% factory stock? Gear whine maybe?

Candler8

Established Member
PHP:
Sounds fishy. I wonder what they did to come to that conclusion. Your car is 100% factory stock? Gear whine maybe?

not sure...yes my car is all stock....they had my car for two days until they figured out what the problem was...the only time the car makes the noise is when actually driving.

when it was up on the lift, the sound was not there.

whining may not be the best word to describe the noise but it makes a sound that doesn't coincide with the usual, beautiful sound of the engine.

Users who are viewing this thread