Exhaust options???

Mystic 544

Established Member
What have you guys done on your SVT Focus?
Looked under the car and noticed the exhaust flow path looked pretty efficient...except for the fact that there is a long res. followed by a muffler and then a rear res/mufler:??: Seems like a lot of BS and way too quiet!!!
I don't want to spend a lot of $$$'s, but would like something that gives her a nice growl. Also don't want any drone in the car...if I want that I will take out one of the Stangs! It's my daily driver and I want it to sound good and scream in the high RPM's!
Not really looking for a huge or obnioxious "Ricer" fart-can either.
Any good systems out there? Good price point and good sound? I have thought about having a local muffler shop put together some pipe and attach a new muffler...just need to find a good muffler option???
When I had my SVT Contour, I cut the res. out, but that was a little odd sounding and real ricie on cold days....

Thanks for the info!

Tim

MINI-SVT

Established Member
I installed a MBRP 2.5'' cat back about two weeks ago.

The system is stainless steel and has a deep tone to it.
There is some interior resonance though.

They are on sale now for 229.00 plus shipping.
They used to be 329.00 I think.

http://www.mbrp.com

Hope this helps

I have also installed a FC 65mm throttle body, Steeda short ram intake, Focussport strut-tower bar, Mac rear engine mount, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,
H&R 24mm rear sway bar, Steeda plug wires, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, and Aeroquip braided brake hoses.

cooljeff2

Established Member
i did a magnaflow with the focus central off-road pipe and i love it i got on the dyno a 13 hp gain i think it is definitly worth it

hcracerx

Established Member
Bassani cat-back minus the long stock resonator. I think you might like what you hear after that.

Mystic 544

Established Member
Cool
Hey Mini-SVT...Any pictures with it on you car? What/who muffler is that? Their web site had a place for a sound clip, but it didn't work :( More info about the sound please. How noticable is the exhaust tone in the car (radio on/off) and how about the res/drone? How about out side the car...especially when you slam the gas...is it good, aggressive, loud??? That price point looks pretty good for a SS system!
Looks like most of the "cat-back" units include a resonator...
Sorry for all the questions, used to the Stang/V-8 stuff, so the SVT is new to me.

MINI-SVT

Established Member
Mystic 544

The MBRP system has a deep tone to it with nice pops when you use engine
braking. The first 700-800 miles it was rather loud inside and out especially between 2500-3500 rpms. The system has now broken-in nicely and mellowed out quite nicely with much less interior resonance(it still has some though).
The build quality is first rate, surprising considering the price. The muffler and
resonator are both straight through designs. They don't have any restrictive
chambers! At full throttle the exhaust has a nice race car type growl.
I will take a few pictures and email them to you if you like.

quivvy

Whaaaaack.....
Established Member
hey mystic - its adam - glad to see you in an SVT and i apologize once again that we couldnt work something out. so what did u end up getting? year? color? how do u like it?

Mystic 544

Established Member
Still trying to make up my mind...
Emailed MBRP and got this reply:
"The muffler's in the system are our own design with each piece being built right here in our factory. What you get in the system is a 6" round muffler and a 20" resonator. The system produces a mildly aggressive sound through-out the rpm range becoming more aggressive on the top end. The sound level on the inside of the car is mild with a deeper tone, mildly aggressive with a level that you can still hold a conversation inside the car. It is made from T304 stainless steel and smooth mandrel bends. There are 2 flange joints and one slip joint the clamps together. The system does not need to be welded. You may have to cut the stock system behind the muffler to remove???
The systems are in stock and shipping time is 1-2 day leaving and 2-4 delivery depending on your location…cost would be an extra $35. I do accept Visa/Master/Discover/Amex , if you have any further questions give me a call."
Can't beat the price point...being in my car a couple of hours a day, I'm still concerned about drone annoyance....

Adam-- I picked up a very low mile Black 03. Pretty good so far but need to get the clutch BS taken care of :(

quivvy

Whaaaaack.....
Established Member
glad u found urself a SVTF - good luck gettin that clutch issue taken care of. upset you had to settle with black?

Users who are viewing this thread