Exhaust melting fuel tank cover?

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
So I dropped the exhaust for polishing, yeah anyway.. I see on both sides where the exhaust has melted into the fuel tank plastic cover. Is this common? It's a tight fit & it's plastic! Anyone?

SVT_Troy

Established Member
It's common if you don't have the pipes adjusted correctly. You need to loosen them, move them around until you get clearance then tighten the clamps

Bigggy

Established Member
Stingers did the same thing on mine. Hard to have the exhaust setup properly in the back without having it not touching anything under the car...

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Thanks for the feedback guys! It has Borla's & I'm not sure if the problem happened prior or is the way it's setup now. After install, I'll keep an eye on it. It isn't a problem I want. Heat.. Fuel... Scary.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Stingers did the same thing on mine. Hard to have the exhaust setup properly in the back without having it not touching anything under the car...

There's enough room to stick your fingers between pipes & cover now. I'm thinking maybe it's melted all its gonna melt. It's where the pipes run horizontal to the car before heading to the back. Def will keep an eye on it.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Never checked how close my exhaust is to my fuel hose, neck, cap, or whatever it's called
But quote me on this, even on my last post
Grab your exhaust after a good run
Nevermind don't grab it

I sure you know what I mean.

Chipofsc

Established Member
I removed my stinger to replace with flowmasters and noticed mine melted. The new system don't touch but was thinking this may be where my bad smell is coming from. Can you run without it ????

Mach828

Established Member
You can pull the plastic cover. Just have to undo the tank straps and then pull the cover, then put the tank straps back on. You'll want to paint it though because its silver. I ditched my plastic cover.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
You got lucky it was that cover that's hard to see. When I first got mine I didn't realize it was a problem and melted my bumper after I did some work under there.

Users who are viewing this thread