Exhaust Leak Causing Loss in Power?

Eleanor14

Established Member
I finally got my 13-6 kit on from Van @ Raven Racing (CJ Throttle body, JLT intake) and also added an MRT O/R H Pipe. Unfortunately, I had large gap between where the H-pipe is suppose to clamp on the the rest of the exhaust system because MRT did not expand the ends of the pipe to clamp onto the factory cat back section. Long story short, I didn't have time to go to a muffler shop and come back to dyno the car, so I ended up putting the car on the Dyno for a quick pull with the exhaust leak. The car made 619 Rwhp and 611 Rwtq with shitty 91 octane and no other mods other than a quick SCT flash for 91.

Does having an exhaust leak cause loss in HP/Tq? I'm just wondering??? I know most stock cars are making about 585 Rwhp, so 619 on 91 sounds about right for throttle body and Intake, but I felt like something was off. Also, they ran the car without fully warming it up right after the H pipe install, so it hit the rev limiter at 6500rpm.

Car will be going back for upper pulley and a complete custom tune for 91 and also 98/100 (Torco). Can't wait to see what she does with all the details sorted out.

paluka21

Established Member
I think you answered your own question. 91 octane and pulling to 6500rpm with the car being cold isn't helping you get the most on a dyno.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Are you running the Lund tune or the basic SCT flash tune? Did you dyno on a mustang dyno or dyno jet? There is a lot of factors to consider. But without a upper pulley I don't see you making much more than 640whp, either way dont get hung up on dyno numbers.

Eleanor14

Established Member
Lund 91 Tune. I'm pretty sure it was a dyno jet. I'm going to run it one more time, doing it right this time, just to see what she does before the pulley. The car has woken up amazingly since the 13-6 and sounds amazing with the MRT O/R.

Users who are viewing this thread