Exhaust Installation?

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
I just ordered the full Bassani Exhaust from LFP, it's supposed to get to me by the middle of next week. When it comes to working on cars I am a novice, I can change my own oil and do minor things, but I've never attempted an install quite as involved as this.

My question is should I take it and have it done by an exhaust shop (it will be expensive) or do I attempt this myself. I have a buddy that knows his way around cars, but he isn't used to working on Fords so I don't know if he'll be able to do this. Does anybody have estimates as far as how long it would take to DIY. Or how long it would take a competent exhaust shop to do the work(and how much $)?

Thanks for reading my post, all responses are greatly appreciated.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
The Bassani headers are the most difficult to install out of any. You would really be better off with longtubes but that's up to you. As far as time, plan on at least a day-two to be safe. Your buddy should be able to handle it, a car is a car pretty much. With the two of you it might go quicker but I spent a night and most of the next day doing the install on my Dynatechs, taking my time. Good luck!! I know you'll love the sound and that all the effort will be worth it in the end.

SVT99RED

Established Member
Thats crazy fade i started mine at night and finished in 1/2 of the next day... I thought shorties would be easier cause you have less header to try stuff in a quater size hole... I actually had to loosen up my trans and jack up on it to lift the motor to get my pass side in... ne-ways it is really up to you, I think anyone can install them.. Just make sure you pull you 2 front wheels and the black plastic fender walls..

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
The vehicle brand doesn't matter very much when it comes to exhaust work. If your buddy can work a torch, then let him install your full Bassani system. As he will have to remove your stock system, pre-fit the Bassani system somewhat, take certain pieces off again, check the fit again and weld... PITA.

I took mine to a shop for all of the exhaust work. I've done exhaust work before so I know what a PITA it can be if you don't have a lift , torch/welding equipment and the correct tools. The money that I spent at the shop was well worth it. JMO. :beer:

And, I don't have to worry about the catback or some other part of the exhaust falling off during a high speed run. LOL.

Once again, JMO. :shrug:

Last edited:

bready

Established Member
catback<midpipes<headers, by degree of difficulty, it took me a good day to install MPs and catback with out a lift.

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
nastynivek said:
The vehicle brand doesn't matter very much when it comes to exhaust work.

I've done exhaust work before so I know what a PITA it can be if you don't have a lift , torch/welding equipment and the correct tools.

+1000

I say work on it yourself... the first time lol then its up to you.

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
Thanks for all of the replies thus far. Still not 100% sure on what I'm going to do, I need to talk to my buddy and also to actually get the system and take a look at it. Once I do all of that I will make a decision.

Users who are viewing this thread