my brothers friend wanted to know how this set up will sound
bbk long tube headers
bbk shorty x-pipe
bbk 3.5 cat back

thanks

RioRed4v

Established Member
3.5" cat-back?? unless your friend has a diesel, thats a tad big..lol

the overall sound between the long-tubes, x-pipe and cat-back will sound good.

get a different x-pipe though.

99SVTAddict

Established Member
BBK long tube headers...best bang for the buck. 2 friends have them and the performance shop I go to (Alternative Auto in Michigan) recommends them too. I have Kooks, and they are good, but expensive compared to BBK.

X pipe....not sure about the BBK brand. Lots of other good one's out there.

BBK cat-back....never heard of it. What muffer? I'd say either FlowMasters or Magnaflow. You want a 2.5 inch exhaust by the way. The tips should be 3.5"...but only the tips.

This combo, with either muffler, will sound wicked.:beer:

lmnvnm

Established Member
I RUN BBK LONG TUBE HEADERS, BBK OFF ROAD H PIPE AND BASSANI CAT BACK GREAT SOUND AND LINES UP VERY WELL ON INSTALLATION. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. I BOUGHT A LOWER PRICED EXHAUST SYSTEM FOR MY 93 COBRA AND SPENT MORE TIME GETTING EVERYTHING LINED UP THAN I DID ON THE INSATLLATION.

99SVTcobraVERT

another vote for bassani catback and recommending magnaflow or flowmaster is about like recommending an eaton blower or a vortech for a supecharger. two totally different mufflers,designs, and sounds. not flaming just thought that was weird. have never heard anyone compare the two like that. go with bassani guy!:beer:

Wraith

Established Member
I have BBK LT's and matching catted x-pipe. The sound is not what I expected but deep and throaty. I have a flowmaster catback with 3" tips. I am happy with my combo, but cannot compare to any other brand x-pipe. I'd recommend Flowmaster for catback, never anything else, but that 's just me.

Users who are viewing this thread