Exhaust help-or advice

69Mach1351w

Established Member
Guys,

Help me out here with your experience. I know there are a ton of exhaust threads with sound clips but I'm looking for a specific type of setup.

I travel a lot, so driving through the neighborhood at 4:00 am with the baddest exhaust sound gives me the desire to look for a bit of a hybrid. I was interested in the boss/gt500 h pip setup that TOB successfully built, but cost was pushing that over the limit. I also have a pulley and tune in mind for the future.

Looking for a bit louder than stock- that tells me to go with high-flow cats. I cannot find the right size hi-flow cats for the 2011. So I found this MRT H-Pipe, but into sure if there is any benefit of purchasing this v/ trying to find and replace stockers. Link:
2011-2012 Mustang Shelby GT500 MaxFlow Catted H-Pipe - MRT Performance

I want to do the electric cutouts from QTEC With the wireless remote setup, but I'm afraid that the mod motor will sound like crap with cutouts after the cat? maybe a turndown or resonator should be in place, but not sure where to turn for product and clearance issues.

Any videos of 2010-12 w/ cutouts, and possibly a 500 with just high flow cats?
I think this will be the best hybrid system for me. Loud when I need, quiet when I want. Hell, maybe I should just do cutouts and keep the rest stock:shrug:

Anyone in my shoes and taken action?

Last edited:

armycook1981

Established Member
i actually just ordered qtec50's from Power by the Hour it will set up on the following

stock manifolds, lethal of road X pipe 2.5 where the pipe "X" ill have it and then about 18-25 inch of pipe both sides running into Pypes Mid mufflers (M-80) and then i will have turn downs welded on the end of the those..

ive hd the exhaust fully off for about 2 weeks now.. its loud REALLY loud... like wtf is that loud at WOT.. it doenst sound like shit FYI

69Mach1351w

Established Member
i actually just ordered qtec50's from Power by the Hour it will set up on the following

stock manifolds, lethal of road X pipe 2.5 where the pipe "X" ill have it and then about 18-25 inch of pipe both sides running into Pypes Mid mufflers (M-80) and then i will have turn downs welded on the end of the those..

ive hd the exhaust fully off for about 2 weeks now.. its loud REALLY loud... like wtf is that loud at WOT.. it doenst sound like shit FYI

Awesome. Good to her that open headers on these sound mean!!

Does anyone know what size hi-flow cat (pipe diameter) we would Need on the 2011-12 exhaust. Is it 2-3/4 or different?

Users who are viewing this thread