Exhaust Heaven

newossab

Established Member
So recently I bought a Magnaflow catback for my Mystic and when I took it to the to get installed I was told that it couldn't be put on because the previous owner had welded the flanges together. The shop told me the only way to get it installed was to buy a new x pipe then they could bolt it up. I didn't want to buy a new x pipe because I would have to buy one that fit to the stock manifold which I figured was a waste because I wanted long tubes in the future. So I decided to do the only logical thing which was to buy kooks long tube with 1 3/4 primaries and matching kooks x pipe. :)

So the question is what gain should I expect (near stock car) and is a tune required?

Quick96Mystic

Mystiiiiic wowww
Established Member
Definitely should get a tune as there power to be had and you don't want your car running too lean.

With cai, pullies, L/Ts and full exhaust these cars will put down 290+ to the wheels depending on the dyno, condition of motor, tuner etc... Long tubes are 100% worth it though and the install isn't as bad as many may make it seem as long as you've got all the tools.

97cobra...

Established Member
i just had LT's put on my car and i love them i have the LT off road x and slp lm1 catback when im crusing it has a nice deep rumbal very little to no drone on the freeway and at wot the car screams!!!! totally worth it the only thing i didnt like was the ground clearnce but its okay

im going to get a short ram intake and a tune with in the next 3 weeks and ill post my new numbers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread