Exhaust Fabrication

flattrack53

Established Member
Does anyone have any experience with any local shops doing exhaust fabrication...Basically for my 2000R the aftermarket Bassani catback and x-pipes are discontinued. I located a Bassani catback and have not been lucky enough with finding an x-pipe. The main guy I use for fabrication is about 6 months backed up and I would like to get this done soon so I can get a good tune on her. Thanks

wheelhopper

Established Member
I have used Insane Fabrication, in Glen Burnie, in the past. The guy was doing all of JPCs stuff at one time. The last time I tried to find him though, he was MIA. He did, or does great work, if you can track him down. His name is Jeff.

svtrookie

Established Member
Thanks guys, I am going to give Mandrel bend a call in the morning!

Scott, I hear Mandrel bend is good .. Also, check with Leo. I know he had work done to his exhaust not far from Adam's shop. They did a good job, but I can't remember the name. I thought he said "mid-atlantic", but I can't remember 100 percent.

flattrack53

Established Member
Yeah, I talked to them and they said I need to leave my car there for a week. There is no way I would ever do that. You and I both know that Tom! Lol

svtrookie

Established Member
rhodes custom auto dude... but if you still migth need to leave it. but there you know atleast thats the cheapest car in the shop....

I agree with Derek. .definately another option. Yeah I can't see you leaving your car over night. I am still shocked you are modifying it!

flattrack53

Established Member
I agree with Derek. .definately another option. Yeah I can't see you leaving your car over night. I am still shocked you are modifying it!

Mandrel said they if I drop it off in the morning, I should be able to pick it up in the evening. Not to sound like a dick but... Money isn't an option on this car. I just want it to be perfect. I might be to anal but everything I own is mint..Even my 165k mile explorer :)

SVTORANGE

Established Member
It probably won't take them all day that is just a riff idea in case they run into problems. Level it you won't regret it.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
Mandrel said they if I drop it off in the morning, I should be able to pick it up in the evening. Not to sound like a dick but... Money isn't an option on this car. I just want it to be perfect. I might be to anal but everything I own is mint..Even my 165k mile explorer :)

thats why i suggested rhodes....

the headers they built on bobs car are AMAZING looking. and the chassis is a work of art
headers4.jpg

headers2.jpg

headers3.jpg

header8.jpg

headers9.jpg

Last edited:

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Mandrel Bends for the win. Did a complete custom on my truck from headerd back in less than 4 hours. Under $600. Complete custom from X on the M with resonators and tips in less than 3 hours under $500. Great guys. You can hang and chat or sit in the office and do your paperwork. Plenty of places to eat up the street, too.

Users who are viewing this thread