exhaust dump pic request

venomous_svt

badmfcobra
Established Member
I posted this in skmcobra's thread but its kinda old and a search didnt really turn out anything. I just wanted to see if someone could snap a couple of pics of their cobra with exhaust dumps (underside). So I can use them as a reference this weekend when I do mine. I just wanna see how people positioned the turn down to avoid some of the common issues with dumping the exhaust.

thanks in advance:thumbsup:

CaliSS2001

Established Member
I have a pair of 2 Chambers right after my O/r H, with dumps stright to the ground dosent heat up anything but smells like ass sometimes.

venomous_svt

badmfcobra
Established Member
My cobra is only a weekend warrior so, heat although an important detail, wont be such a factor as in a DD or Road Course car. I just want to make sure and see some others before the cutting and welding begins! Never hurts to see someone elses work before you do your own. My tails are starting to look like poo and I have other mods that I need to do other than buying new tails...so dumping it is gonna save time/money on my end...plus I love the sound of flows dumped.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
SKMCOBRA said:
Bad news!!! See my story about the 2000 Cobra R in a similar post.
I saw it and others.

But I was refering to coming straight out the muffers without turndowns.

By no means do I think or have ever seen a dumped car with turndowns do that.

In normal conditions and even running hard from time to time and drag racing would I worry about it.

On the road course running wide open for 20min sessions would be a different story though.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
venomous_svt said:
My cobra is only a weekend warrior so, heat although an important detail, wont be such a factor as in a DD or Road Course car. I just want to make sure and see some others before the cutting and welding begins! Never hurts to see someone elses work before you do your own. My tails are starting to look like poo and I have other mods that I need to do other than buying new tails...so dumping it is gonna save time/money on my end...plus I love the sound of flows dumped.
Why not do what I have done on my 98 and have the exhaust come out the side in front of the rear tires?:shrug:

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Venomous01 said:
Why not do what I have done on my 98 and have the exhaust come out the side in front of the rear tires?:shrug:

I was actually thinking about having that done the other night. Did you have the pipes leading out of the mufflers fabricated by a muffler shop? Another thing I was wondering was what you used as hangers for the side pipes.

1sloCobra

Banned
mitvh021.jpg

venomous_svt

badmfcobra
Established Member
Venomous01 said:

got pics of that???

thanks for the pic 1slocobra...I appreciate that.

Users who are viewing this thread