Exhaust dilemma..need help or ideas.

GoneN60

Established Member
I currently have the roush axleback on my car which was my first and favorite mod. I want to add an off road xpipe to squeeze a bit more power out of my car. From the reviews about this setup sounding obnoxiously loud I decided against it. I like the quad tip exhaust that magnaflow has that looks like the GT 500 but heard it on a buddies boss w/ xpipe was and was too much. My question is I love the sound of my roush and dont want to change that even if I dont get an xpipe. Is there a way a custom shop can simulate the GT500 tips to fit on my roush of couse if I purchase the rear valence from 3D carbon?

Nuar

Established Member
It can be done fairly easily. Kind of like this.

1395844943757347197.jpg

Angry50

Established Member
most exhaust shops should be able to weld a dual tip on. only issue would be if it lined up. I personally like the sound of my GT500s with the O/R Xpipe. quieter than the flowmaster outlaws I had but still has a good amount of volume and tone.

Tyler72

Established Member
If you do it like that I think the tips are gonna stick WAY out there and they also wouldn't be centered in the valence opening. The stock GT mufflers have an off set exit, to the outside of the car. Basically the GT500 muffler just adds a second exit towards the middle of the car. So, the valence opening got wider but grew in width towards the middle of the car only. Your roush mufflers are center exit. So putting something on them like the kooks ad above will not only make them stick out too far, they also wouldn't fit in the GT500 valence because the over all width would be too wide.

Does that make sense?

GoneN60

Established Member
Last edited:

ERS

Established Member
Im also where you are concerning I love my Roush axle backs but wanting the extra power, and possibly a cam tune, with cat deletes. My plan is to keep the stock H pipe, install the cat delets, but also add 3" race bullets along with the factory resonators. I hoping this will tone it down enough to be daily drivable and not piss off all my neighbors when I leave for work at 530am. I also really like the look of quad tips and may do that one day too.

GoneN60

Established Member
Im also where you are concerning I love my Roush axle backs but wanting the extra power, and possibly a cam tune, with cat deletes. My plan is to keep the stock H pipe, install the cat delets, but also add 3" race bullets along with the factory resonators. I hoping this will tone it down enough to be daily drivable and not piss off all my neighbors when I leave for work at 530am. I also really like the look of quad tips and may do that one day too.
Please let me know how that works out . I want the extra ponies that come with the off road xpipe but not willing to give up the sound of my roush.

Users who are viewing this thread