Exhaust Cutouts??

Vick

luv my cobra
Established Member
aanybody running them..... I heard one the other day....and omg it was frooking loud!!!!! I would like to put some on my car ( just for sh!t an giggles) i am running bassani x (no cats) with bassani cat/bac. Where do i install the cutouts???

THx Vick :thumbsup:

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
If you are running no cats to begin with why not just take off your catback???

torchred2000gt

Established Member
Booyah said:
If you are running no cats to begin with why not just take off your catback???
People use cutouts so that they can run their muffled exhaust on the street, and wide open exhaust on the track. That's why he wouldn't want to take off the catback.
Rob

blackfang

Established Member
Cut outs are pointless on our exhaust. They work well with the Fbody's as they are pretty restrictive.

560Sl

Banned
why do they "suck"? its an easy amount of work for ALOT more free flowing exhaust. How coul dyou not pick up power?

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
torchred2000gt said:
People use cutouts so that they can run their muffled exhaust on the street, and wide open exhaust on the track. That's why he wouldn't want to take off the catback.
Rob

I'm very well aware of why people use cutouts but he made it sound like he wanted to just run cutouts.

white98snake

Established Member
cutouts are pointless on our cars b/c they lack low endtorque as it is so taking away all the back pressure will maybe give u 7-8hp and take away 10-15tq sounds like a waste to me
remember HP sells cars TQ wins races

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
Yup, cut-outs will kill your back pressure and drop youre bottom end torque. It's like having no cats and race bullet ype mufflers. There is zero back pressure and the car will be a dog off the line. It might be as mean sounding as anything on the road, but, it's slower. I've seen it personally with mine. I went with a BBK off road H-Pipe and MagnaPacks(zero restriction)...it sounded bad ass...and, my car wouldn't break traction on straight 1st gear acceleration. I had to get it smogged and went back to stock and now the car will break lose in 2nd gear like it did before. I have no doubt it did open up the top end a little for the track, but, the trade off from the loss on the street wasn't worth it. If I knew then, what I do now, I wouldn't take the cats off a N/A car. Besides, I've heard cutouts on a 4.6 DOHC Lincoln...it was so obnoxiously loud it wasn't even cool...just made you cringe. You are so begging for a noise ticket with cut-outs.

BooRail85

Banned
Well, I wouldnt mind having them just to play with.. open em up at a redlight, or when returning a rev!! But, I wouldnt drive with them (had to for a couple days), so I would opt for hte electronic cutouts..

Also, from my experience, If you are looking purely for the loudest you can get it, put the cutouts after the x or h in the mid pipe. before the mufflers.

When I ran just an open h pipe it was louder than a buddies 04 mach w/ bassani mid lengths, stage 2 cams and cutouts right after the first o2's..

cgriff97cobra

I HATE DEER
Established Member
560Sl said:
why do they "suck"? its an easy amount of work for ALOT more free flowing exhaust. How coul dyou not pick up power?

uh, lets see why they suck! For one there not worth the money, the kill our bottom end torque which we don't have to much to begin with, and it sounds like a Redneck's Truck! But if thats what you want go for it. I even felt a difference with them closed, It changes the way your exhaust sounds when there closed, dont know why but they do!

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
Yellow98SVT said:
Yup, cut-outs will kill your back pressure and drop youre bottom end torque. It's like having no cats and race bullet ype mufflers. There is zero back pressure and the car will be a dog off the line. It might be as mean sounding as anything on the road, but, it's slower. I've seen it personally with mine. I went with a BBK off road H-Pipe and MagnaPacks(zero restriction)...it sounded bad ass...and, my car wouldn't break traction on straight 1st gear acceleration. I had to get it smogged and went back to stock and now the car will break lose in 2nd gear like it did before. I have no doubt it did open up the top end a little for the track, but, the trade off from the loss on the street wasn't worth it. If I knew then, what I do now, I wouldn't take the cats off a N/A car. Besides, I've heard cutouts on a 4.6 DOHC Lincoln...it was so obnoxiously loud it wasn't even cool...just made you cringe. You are so begging for a noise ticket with cut-outs.

Most unture statement about not being able to spin the tires in 1st. check my sig. I can spin the tires in 1st 2nd and some of 3rd with no probelm. even chirp 4th if im shifting right. this again is with a totally stock suspension, for now :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread