Exhaust Combo

SNAKE_O1

Established Member
Does anyone have a set up of American Racing 1 3/4 inches long tube headers with a Flowmaster Outlaw catback with off-road x-pipe? If so, I want to know if your Mustang is really loud, I mean really loud. I have that combo and it's unbelievable how loud the Mustang is. From a cold start, it's almost obnoxious, but once it warms up after 30 seconds, it sounds real good. But when I take off and get RPMs up past 3k, it screams really loud. I know there are no leaks because I just had them professionally installed by Mustang professionals.

When I have time, I will post a video, despite the fact they don't do justice to the sound when you're physically there listening.

Reaper14

Established Member
Im close to that. Im 1 7/8 off road h pipes, over axles, & kooks. I just recently changed out my Pype bombs for the kooks for that reason. The loudness was ear popping with cold starts. Drone was horrible. But the deep sound was the best. Still had to swap due to not being able to hold conversations in the car at cruising speeds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SNAKE_O1

Established Member
It makes me wonder if I can just do a swap of the mufflers rather than buy another catback system. I just bought this about 2 months ago.

Reaper14

Established Member
Thats what I did. Left it all the same, no cats, all open & just replaced the mufflers for some used kooks. Much better now, still loud, but you can ride with windows down & talk just fine.

SNAKE_O1

Established Member
Oh ok, didn't realize what you meant when you said used kooks; you meant used kooks mufflers. Got'cha.

Reaper14

Established Member
At 1st I did not care how loud I got it. I would think to myself, "it's a muscle car, it's supposed to be loud". But after a trip to the track (2.5 hrs away) I had to replace it.

joshdj13

Established Member
Yeah i just switched to corsas because of future plans to install headers. I had outlaws and o/r h and it sounded great, just didnt want to be retarded loud when i install longtubes. The no drone aspect is pretty nice as well.

yeller1

Established Member
I have the AR 1 3/4 headers with Solo-performance hi-flow cats and cat-back with J pipes. My car is very loud but has great tone and no drone. Actually, using a decibel meter my car showed 128.4 db's. Startup is always done with garage door closed. I only have 1 muffler which is a muffler inside an x-pipe and it's in the center of the car not at the bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread