Exhaust clips of my cammed/exhaust 2005 CTS-V

Epikmach

Established Member
How's it going everyone? It's Been a while since I posted here, but some of you may remember me from my old Torch Red Mach 1 that had many pics floating around here a few years back. So anyhow I got a few exhaust clips of my 2005 CTS-V the other day & figured I'd share here since they are something kinda uncommon to this site. The basic mods include a Flowtech street sweeper cam (228/232 duration. 111 LSA, lift is 614/600), B&B 1 3/4 long tubes, 3" o/r X, & 3" catback with DMH electric cutouts. With the tune the car makes 420rwhp/393rwtq...

Slow take off, cutouts closed.
2005 Cadillac CTS-V. Cammed. B&B LT back 3" o/r x pipe exhaust. Slow take off. - YouTube

2nd/3rd gear flyby, cutouts closed.
2005 Cadillac CTS-V. Cammed. B&B LT back 3" o/r x pipe exhaust 2nd gear fly by #1. - YouTube

2nd/3rd gear flyby #2, cutouts closed.
2005 Cadillac CTS-V. Cammed. B&B LT back 3" o/r x pipe exhaust. 2nd gear fly by #2 - YouTube

Idle & rev clip.
Another exhaust clip of the Cadi with the cutouts closed & open! | Facebook

Track vid. Cutouts open...
Dustin's CTS-V - YouTube

In regards to the track video, this car can't be launched hard due to the glass jaw rear end, & although it sounds like I missed 2nd gear, that was actually me letting off the gas due to TREMENDOUS wheel hop. My best run that night was 13.01 @111. Not bad for a 3,850lb car with a 2.2 60ft IMO.

Thanks for watching.... :coolman:

Last edited:

Epikmach

Established Member
Thanks guys. This is definitely the best sounding car I have ever owned. B&B exhaust has a very deep & muscular, but unique sound to it!

CLN 6R

Established Member
Sounds good! I've been thinking about getting cutouts, but I don't wanna chop up my pricey Corsa catback.

Epikmach

Established Member
Sounds good! I've been thinking about getting cutouts, but I don't wanna chop up my pricey Corsa catback.

Thanks... You don't have to install them in the catback, you could throw them in the mid pipe right after the headers or cats, but IMO, they sound better out back. The previous owner had these installed in VERY cleanly, looks factory. He had them tig welded in.

I have always wanted a cts-v. Looks and sounds great!

Sounds good!

Thanks guys.

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
Damn man it's been a while! Car sounds great, my buddy used to have one. Still funny to me to see a caddy roaring by you at 120 :lol1:

Epikmach

Established Member
Sounds good!

Thanks!

Damn man it's been a while! Car sounds great, my buddy used to have one. Still funny to me to see a caddy roaring by you at 120 :lol1:

Thanks bro! Yes it's been a minute. I've had many changes going on in my personal life in the last couple of years & in turn it has kinda kept me distant from the car forums, not to mention my Cadi doesn't really get much love on most Mustang forums so I kinda stopped posting on the regular. I still do have my 91 Notch though too, just got it back on the road actually.

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
Thanks bro! Yes it's been a minute. I've had many changes going on in my personal life in the last couple of years & in turn it has kinda kept me distant from the car forums, not to mention my Cadi doesn't really get much love on most Mustang forums so I kinda stopped posting on the regular. I still do have my 91 Notch though too, just got it back on the road actually.

Nice! Take some new pic's of it, car is cleaaannn from what I remember

Users who are viewing this thread