Exhaust Cleaning. Polishing.

BayInstinctz

Established Member
Just wanted to hear your guys input of what you use to clean your exhaust tips. I currently have the black chrome stainless steel quad tips from Corsa. I'm assuming using a stainless steel polish should be suffice to clean them.

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
I have the chrome stainless steel quads tips from Corsa and was wondering this as well. Would hate to ruin a 1k set of mufflers!

Nuar

Established Member
I wouldn't use a metal polish on black tips. I am almost 100% sure that will ruin them
I would probably try soaking them in bug and tar remover and then just clean them up.

Polished stainless tips, just use mothers metal polish paste. Works amazing.

BayInstinctz

Established Member
I kinda regret buying the black chrome tips since you can see any imperfection on them.. But they look so much nicer lol. So pretty much any polish would ruin them?

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
I kinda regret buying the black chrome tips since you can see any imperfection on them.. But they look so much nicer lol. So pretty much any polish would ruin them?

What exactly do you mean? Do they really get dirty fast?

Let me know if you want to trade lol

BayInstinctz

Established Member
I noticed them getting a bit more dirty from the inside after going catless or idk if I'm trippen lol. Then when I first put them on I guess I didn't tighten them very much so the left side hit part of the valance so part of the black came off so its kinda chrome in a small spot. Had it been all stainless without the black then they would've fine. Got OCD.

Users who are viewing this thread