Exhaust cats are going out need advice

jamessims

Established Member
Should I buy a new x pipe with new cats or cut the cats out and put new cats..... I was also thinking about buying all new exhaust from the headers back if I do that what kind of exhaust should I buy for my 91notch the set I had on there was bassani all the way back with side exhaust... They don't make it anymore so I am asking for advice... Thanks

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=29.036626,-95.426597

Ninety3Coupe

die eier von satan
Established Member
Don't go with BBK, my cats have gone bad and it is a pain to gut. They just don't seem like quality to me, crap would be more like it.

I have been crunching the numbers, and to me buying all new was the way to go. Cutting and welding in would leave a poor looking result, not that people spend a lot of time looking under it. For that money Magnaflow seems to make a great catted X-Pipe, it's the way I want to go.

Magnaflow 49 State Converter 93332 Direct Fit Catalytic Converter - CA

Good luck, keep us posted.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
I had a bassani no cat on my 90 gt years ago, when they first came out. I liked it. My coupe has a x pipe, but I have no idea what it is. I had a h pipe on it, and when I got it back, it had a x. I wouldn't see what the big difference between brands are, as long as they are the same diameter opening, unless the cats suck, I can't help you there.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I had a UPR catted H-pipe at one time. I was happy with it. I don't know why on a fox you would worry about having cats anyway. I would think due to the age of most fox body cars, they would be exempt from emissions testing in mosts locations.

As far as brand. I like the new Dynomax mufflers that have the baffle built in. I would go that route for cat back. Just get the same brand H pipe. If dynomax does not make an H pipe I would go with UPR, they have always worked great for me, for the $.

Users who are viewing this thread