Exhaust bouncing off panhard bar

luvgun74

Established Member
Ok guys not really sure if this has been an issue but i installed an o/r x pipe and 5gt's on my car and noticed a thumping noise everytime i hit a pothole or rough spot in the road. So i looked up under the car and it appears that the exhaust is bouncing off the panhard brace under my car. The part that bends over the axle. Everything is tight and i dont see any hangers loose. Anyone else had this problem? If so any remedy to this as it's driving me crazy and i'm sure you can hear the noise outside of the car as well. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hissssss

Fox body lover
Established Member
You can probably loosen up the mid pipe and twist the exhaust so its away from the panhard bar.

+1, I had this problem too. It may losen up again unless you spot weld a small bung into the joint, it was slipping down and hitting the panhard bar.

ROBSNAKE

Established Member
ive been having a problem with something hitting. perhaps this is it. Its been annoying the shit out of me. I put it on a lift but can really tell with the suspension un sprung. Gonna get it on a ramp lift this week when i get thefront control arm TSB. If the car is in neutral on a slight incline and the parking break on and no clutch or driveshaft engaged it does it too. But the rattle realls sucks. The ford tech has run into some bad muffler internals recently. I say its that or a bad cat. Everything appears really tight under the car. Suggestions are welcomeded. Ill keep you posted

Users who are viewing this thread