Exhaust advice

#1pony

Established Member
My car currently has bbk equal lengths, o/r h-pipe, and 2 chamber flowmasters. I am thinking of changing to dynomax 1 5/8 long tubes with 3" collectors, 3" dr gas o/r x -pipe, and keep my flowmasters. Would this be a good upgrade or should I stay with what I have? The only other performace mods my car has is 3:73's.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
No reason to run 3" exhaust on your car - you simply don't need that much flow. A good 2.5" system is plenty for your basically stock car. The Dr. Gas 2.5" is an excellent choice - I have it. :D

#1pony

Established Member
93Cobra2771 said:
No reason to run 3" exhaust on your car - you simply don't need that much flow. A good 2.5" system is plenty for your basically stock car. The Dr. Gas 2.5" is an excellent choice - I have it. :D

I know that 3" exhaust is overkill, but do you think it would hurt performance any? I found these headers and x-pipe at a killer deal so i bought them. The problem I have is that my mufflers are 2.5" tubes so the only part that would be 3" is the x-pipe.

alotahp92gt

Established Member
im with 93cobra too much flow, an dif I am reading your second post right, you are mix-matching different sized parts. Now if you going blown... thats a different story

Users who are viewing this thread