Exhaust: 2.5" vs 3"

Lobo

Established Member
I'm getting ready to get a proper exhaust system including longtubes and currently pondering 3 options:

1. QMP's System

Pro: Great quality, many happy customers, replaceable cats, only 3" system out there

Con: Long tubes are not single tubes (whole header has to be replaced if scraped or damaged anywhere, also harder to install), scrapes easily

2. JDM's Deal

Pro: Header comes in several pieces (easier to install, doesn't have to replaced if just one tube or collector is scraped), only system with an h-pipe (musclecar sound)

Con: 2.5" exhaust only, scrapes easily

3. Bassani System

Pro: Great Quality, header comes in several pieces, does NOT scrape as easily as the header isn't any lower than the stock manifold, sound can be adjusted (louder/quieter) by removing or replacing cats or baffles

Con: 2.5" exhaust only

Given those points, I'm thinking about ordering one of two 2.5" setups, but I'm concerned if they'd prove to be too restrictive when I put on the KB blower and maybe a 100 shot.

So what do you guys think, is 2.5" enough for 600-650 hp or does it have to be a 3"? Which is better?

Lobo

SVT 03 Cobra

I cant tell you what to buy... but im running the Bassani system, and am quite happy with it.... also talk to Rick @ amazon racing... Borla now has a 3" system as well.

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
if youre talking that much horsepower, definitely go with the 3" setup. under 500hp though,,you should be fine with the 2.5". Good luck!

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
I agree with COBRyan. At those HP levels, just go with the 3". Room to grow. Do it right the first time and it'll be alot cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread