Exhause dB Test

blumnday99

Established Member
Does anyone know if Bassani mid-length headers + Bassani high-flow X + MagnaFlows (not the MagnaPacks) will pass a 95 db noise test? I think it's done from 20 inches from the tail pipe when starting the car?

I doubt my current set up (same as above except for SLP LM1s) will come close to passing.

I did a search and I heard the Bassani catbacks and the Magnaflows are definitely quieter than the SLPs....I figured if I'm going to have to switch them I might as well get something new. I'm leaning towards the MagnaFlows...but I know the Bassani's will pass with the baffles in. I don't want to change out to the MagnaFlows and then fail the noise test.

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
the test that the smgo refs use is done at 4500RPM on 4.6L motors.

i tested a 04 cobra with bassani catted x, stock manifolds and bassani catback when i was a lane tech at the smog ref and it was 109dB. iirc the test is done 10" from the exhasut tip at a 45 degree angle, and is done on both sides if the vehicle has a dual exhaust.

o and your proposed setup is illegal in CA as it requires the modification of the OEM catalytic converters.

Last edited:

blumnday99

Established Member
the test that the smgo refs use is done at 4500RPM on 4.6L motors.

i tested a 04 cobra with bassani catted x, stock manifolds and bassani catback when i was a lane tech at the smog ref and it was 109dB. iirc the test is done 10" from the exhasut tip at a 45 degree angle, and is done on both sides if the vehicle has a dual exhasut.

o and your proposed setup is illegal in CA as it requires the modification of the OEM catalytic converters.

Was that without the baffles?

Users who are viewing this thread