Exercising help

jmk97GT

Established Member
Yea yea, more personal problem shit, but I think some of you could help with this.

By the way, I know theres TONS of exercise info online, but I've googled it and most of it is for severly overweight people and how you should do "brisk walks for 30 minutes a day" and all that bullshit.

So heres the deal, I'm 5'8" and 164lbs, I want to lose 10-15 pounds, and besides having a little extra weight I am in pretty good shape.

I need to know how often and for how long I should exercise to lose the weight in a decent amount of time.

I can run well, and have already started running every few days but I want to step it up. I've been doing 2 mile runs on a tread mill, about 16:00 for 2 miles.

Can I only do running to lose the weight, or should I do other things too? I would prefer to just run.

Thanks for reading.

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
Eat healthy too. You HAVE to. Eat 5-6 meals a day, 3 hours apart. Don't eat after 9. Make SURE you eat breakfast. If you don't fuel your metabolism, it won't burn calories for you. Simple as that. Ride a bike or somethin. The elliptical kicks ass if you have access to one. You can always go to the gas station and pick up some ephedrine. That will work for sure. Take a multi-vitamin with some ephedrine once a day and try to stick with white meat high protein meals like chicken/fish/tuna. DON'T drink soda at all, drink lots of water or green tea. Don't eat red meat, white bread, candy and crap. If you eat bread make sure it's high fiber whole grain bread. I've lost 12 lbs in the last 30 days from biking 15 miles a day 5 days a week, eating healthy and taking 1 ephedrine + vitamin. It's not hard. Just don't cheat cause you're only lying to yourself. There's way more, but I'm sure you aren't doing all that. Lemme know if you have more questions after you can honestly say you've stuck to my suggestions for a few weeks.

jmk97GT

Established Member
You mention biking and/or eliptical. What's wrong with running?

I understand having the right diet too, but it's hard since all I have access to is dining court food (college). I just try to eat less when I'm there. Soda isn't a problem, I gave that up for the most part a few months ago.

scorcher2005

USMC
Established Member
For one, the eliptical is much more easy going on the joints. Secondly, it involves a bit more upper body than running. And to add to njcolas point of 6 meals a day...That does not mean 6 normal sized meals. You must still stick to the ~2000 cal/day. Just Breakfast/lunch/dinner will be about 400-500 each. The remaining 500-800 will be divided into 2-3 portions Between the main meals. Cut as much carbs and fat from the diet as possible. Remember Saturated and Trans fats are much worse than unsaturated fats. Run/cardio in the morning before eating anything. That way it is effects your metabolism throughout most of the day and really helps burn that breakfast off. As you know, your body sorda shuts down at night, so the metabolism you just raised is now just turned off as if you didnt even exercise. And speaking of diets, the weight watcher's is a great program. You dont need to go to the meetings and breakdown how you ate a brownie though. You just need the point calculator. Stick to 30 points a day and gradually reducing the point value over time and you wont even believe how much weight your loosing. I did that a while back as a kid (middle school, early hs maybe?) after i saw how much my friend lost. It worked wonders. My mom also did it w/ great results. Also, go to the gym and hit the weights. The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn. Plus you get stronger. Just ask if you have any other Qs.

san-man

Established Member
Eat heathy and run for time not distance. I try to run at least 20-30min at least 4 times a week. I am not a big fan of the treadmills. Only because you technically are not moving any weight. Now go around a track or around the house (take a different route everytime) and you will feel a difference.

My .02 cents

jmk97GT

Established Member
san-man said:
Eat heathy and run for time not distance. I try to run at least 20-30min at least 4 times a week. I am not a big fan of the treadmills. Only because you technically are not moving any weight. Now go around a track or around the house (take a different route everytime) and you will feel a difference.

My .02 cents
Too ****ing cold out for that. That's why I run on the treadmill.

Running in the mornings gonna suck, I already have to wake up at 6 for classes and shit...I'll have to try though

san-man

Established Member
I understand completely, Currently I am in North Dakota for 2 months now and have to bundle up to go run. It is a big change form Texas weather.

Users who are viewing this thread