Exedy stage 2 clutch

97`cobra

So I had a exedy stage 2 clutch installed 3 days ago with new clutch components in including ford pivot stud, ford racing clutch fork, & used ford racing throw out bearing and pilot bearing. Flywheel was resurfaced. After I got it back the clutch pedal seems to shake and vibrate and it's quite annoying. How do I stop it from vibrating so much or should it go away after the clutch settles in? Any information would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
94b05302d348b462c38420ef3742fc06.jpg

Last edited:

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
It shouldnt shake and vibrate like that.

Re-set the clutch pedal, to see if that helps.

Hopefully the pressure plate was installed properly (tightened in a sequence), if it wasnt, the pressure plate fingers will be mis-aligned.

Another thing to do it put the car on the hoist and remove the inspection cover and see how the fork is sitting. Should be a very small gap between the bearing and pressure plate.

centerforce

Established Member

Hopefully the pressure plate was installed properly (tightened in a sequence), if it wasnt, the pressure plate fingers will be mis-aligned.

Another thing to do it put the car on the hoist and remove the inspection cover and see how the fork is sitting. Should be a very small gap between the bearing and pressure plate.

We would agree with this. You shouldn't be getting vibration in the pedal during break-in if everything is lined up properly. We would recommend bringing it back to the shop to have them take a look. Continuing to drive on it will most likely lead to uneven wear on the friction surfaces. Keep us posted with what you find!

97`cobra

I'm going to try re-set the clutch pedal & hopefully that fixes it but id not I'll probably take it back to the shop. The shaking hasn't gotten any better so hopefully the reset works. Thanks for the information!

97`cobra

How exactly do I re-set the clutch pedal?

Users who are viewing this thread