Excuses for slow Ca Cobras

stang99

It seems that the Cobras in Calif are slower than the ones in Alaska and back East, including Texas. I have only witness a single sub 12 sec pass from an IRS Cobra in Calif. I am sure there must have been other runs that I don't know about but they are not common. I guess that there are no drivers worth a damn in Calif and we are all lame or, maybe there are some excuses we can come up with?

1) Bad 91 octane gas
2) Bad tracks
3) Bad air
4) Tunes are difficult due to the bad gas

It's our forum so we ought to have a mini FAQ with our pattened excuses.

stang99

I had bald tires and the air was poor. I had a full tank of gas and a floor jack and my tools in the trunk. My clutch was slipping and the track was so slippery that it shot all my 60 foot times to hell. I was spinning from first to second so bad that I lost time there. Wheel hop was killing me. There was a killer head wind and it must have been 100 degrees. My shifter was acting up and it wouldn't go into gear on the 2->3 shift. I was asleep at the tree. I left my traction control on. I would have hit the 11's if I hadn't missed a shift. I shut off before the end of the strip because I thought that I was through the traps.
Next time I will do better.

stang99

FiveOhDean ran an 11.9X at Famoso. It's possible for highly modded Calif Cobras to get into the mid to high 11's with really good track conditions, but, the cars in the other regions are going mid to low 11's with some 10's thrown in. Randy was not using an Eaton but he did have IRS.

Originally posted by 03DOHC
randy ran an 11.7 at Sac.

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
I noticed that too, that the CA cars have slower times, which is why I'm determined to get into the 11's, got my nittos, I'm going to practice and practice some more. I even noticed that the Kenbell car that I witness on the Dyno pulled lower numbers then Kenbell Cobras elsewhere, where's that thread where the Cobra driven by the Vet Guy @ Carlsbad ran 11.95 but he had slicks.
Oh and BTW, my excuses are in my sig :lol:

Last edited:

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Excuses for slow times? I got my tune from SoCalDiablo
icon_evil.gif
...No, no, no...Just kidding guys! Heh, heh
icon_smile.gif

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by ADR
I noticed that too, that the CA cars have slower times, which is why I'm determined to get into the 11's, got my nittos, I'm going to practice and practice some more. I even noticed that the Kenbell car that I witness on the Dyno pulled lower numbers then Kenbell Cobras elsewhere, where's that thread where the Cobra driven by the Vet Guy @ Carlsbad ran 11.95 but he had slicks.
Oh and BTW, my excuses are in my sig :lol:
Yeah Mcrat ran Leon's car at Carlsbad to an 11.9 missing a gear too.

I went to Sac today and ran a 10.9@125. Yeah right. hehe.

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
I'm going to the track today, let me give my excuse now, its only my third time at a track period and my first time on DR's, wish me luck :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread