Exchanging all my fluids, What to use?

giz93cobra

AllWayz Sidewayz
Established Member
My 93 Cobra has 36,000 miles on it. It spends most of its life covered in my garage. I currently have Mobil 1 in the engine and the rest of the fluids (brake, Power steering and coolant) havent been done in about 6 years or 7,000 miles and its just basic ford spec fluids. What should I be using for a car that spends alot of time sitting?? Royal Purple, BG, Mobil1 etc. which do you recommend?
Can you recommend anyone in the Southern Maryland area that I can trust to flush and replace these fluids without causing a mess or damage? :beer:

I really need to drive and enjoy her more:burnout:

04yellowcobra

Established Member
I really need to drive and enjoy her more:burnout:

this!!!

If it sits that much why don't you just drain all fluids out and leave them out? The residuals will left on any o-ring will keep it lubricated. Although sitting that much I am sure those will have to be replaced at some point as well.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Doug, you're alive!!!! Long time my friend....... Defiinitely need to get out and drive that beast more.

I'd take it down too Jason Roth. He has a real nice setup just a bit south of you.

wheelhopper

Established Member
Oh I see Jason fairly regularly. We just spen a lot of time together last winter putting an IRS into my fox body. Then he put a Nav unit into my F350. I also fed him major fox body project that should keep his hands busy over the winter. Though I think he is leaning more towards European cars now, like BMWs. Maybe it is time for you to get some mods done to the Mini.

giz93cobra

AllWayz Sidewayz
Established Member
I've been lurking around, Ive been in the hospital and rehab for the last 3 months due to a tetnus shot (not alot of fun)! I will definitely talk to Jason about getting the job if I trust anyone it's Jason. Thanks for info Dwight, I need to get more involved with the club again : ) I have kinda dropped off the map:beer:

Doug, you're alive!!!! Long time my friend....... Defiinitely need to get out and drive that beast more.

I'd take it down too Jason Roth. He has a real nice setup just a bit south of you.

Users who are viewing this thread