Excessive Corrosion on my Positive Battery Terminal- Help

clc44

Established Member
Hey,

I haven't really looked at my positive battery terminal since I bought the car in November. Got the oil changed yesterday and they pointed out the excessive amount of corrosion. I got the battery cleaner, wire brush and protective spray. Well it cleaned a decent amount off but not all. I read a post were one guy brought it to the dealer and they had to replace battery and positive harness. I have 38k miles and my warranty ran out I believe. How long are things like this normally covered? Any advice on what to do would be great. I don't want the corrosion to cause more problems or get into any other harness and cost a $$$ to fix.

THanks!!

2013 Ford Mustang GT A6-38k miles

SixPak

Established Member
I always check the tightness on my battery terminals soon after I buy a vehicle, then paint both battery terminals and connections with some spray paint I find laying around in the garage. Corroded battery terminals tend to piss me off so I take steps to prevent them from happening.

soSincerious

Established Member
typically a battery is prorated by time and or mileage, so warranty should cover at least part of the battery. I forget if we have serviceable terminals, if so warranty should cover that too because it was directly affected by a failed part covered under warranty. the battery is likely leaking a bit and caused the corrosion

305oh

Established Member
Same with mine, I just changed my battery about a week ago. Expensive, but way to much corrosion on it and my car wasn't starting as normal. Cleaned up the engine bay and haven't had issues...yet.

Users who are viewing this thread