Excellent pics of Procharger install pics

kpyzfrwon

Established Member
I am half way through the install of this 3-core procharger Cobra kit. I thought several of u might enjoy some install pics...enjoy!

kpyzfrwon

Established Member
IupSnake....what all did u have to take off the intake manifold to get to all 8 fuel injectors?

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by kpyzfrwon
IupSnake....what all did u have to take off the intake manifold to get to all 8 fuel injectors?

You should only have to take off the intake plenum and a few wiring harness attachments.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
second that.

Just unbolt the top of the intake. There all 8mm bolts, and come off real easy. Youll have to unscrew the egr valve on the back of the drivers side with a 22mm? (i think) wrench. Try and leave as much of the wiring conncted to it as possible just for simplicity. You dont have to completely remove the upper intake, just prop it up a few inches. I used the box for the k&n filter to hold it up.

Looks like its goin good! Although, I didnt remove the front fascia when we installed the intercooler.

-Homer

kpyzfrwon

Established Member
I just figured it would be a heck of a lot easier with the front bumper out of the way. Especially when tighten down all the MAF side of the intercooler tubes(passenger side fender).

How difficult was it to install the new fuel pump? Did u just use jack stands,etc...

Boy that new belt for the pulleys was a bitch to get on. Good thing I ate Wheaties for breakfast yesterday!:thumbsup:

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
yea... jackstands. Because of the IRS, the front bolt on the drivers side holding one of the metal straps in is a bitch to get out... you cant use a socket, and you can only turn it an eighth of the way each time. The other three strap bolts are fine. You also need a fuel line tool to remove the main fuel line from the tank. Its pretty straightforward, and Ive got it down to a science now that I had to drop the tank a few times to replace the walbro pump.

-Homer

kpyzfrwon

Established Member
Whats up with this "fuel line tool?" The directions don't say u need it to complete the install. Can i buy one?

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
Im not sure if you "need" it, but it made the job a little easier for us.
Because the main feed like slides over and "clips" in, the tool slides over the connector, and allows the line to unclip. I dont remember exactly what it is called, but its a simple little tool.

-Homer

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
You should buy one... You will need it, cost about 5.00 at a autoparts store. Remember to leave the sock off your new pump or use the old sock. Don't use the Walbro supplied sock, you will lose fuel presure

Users who are viewing this thread