Exactly how many miles?

luvgun74

Established Member
Can someone tell me exactly how many miles were on their 500 when the sc kicked on? From what i gather the sc doesn't come on until 10 or 12 miles or something like that? I wouldn't know since i bought mine with 125 miles on her. Not even sure it this is true or not, but was curious.

FiaCobra

Established Member
This is open to debate.
You'll have people swear the manual says 500 miles....others say 100 miles.

All i know is, I had boost at the 50 mile mark. That was my 1st hard launch.

1FSTHRSE

Established Member
five miles of continuos driving or 20 starts, it's in the manual somewhere.
I had boost after the first 5 miles of driving. no boost at 9 miles and boost at 14
:burnout:

luvgun74

Established Member
I traded in an 07 roush 427r, but i originally test drove an 08 ebony gt500 with 12 miles on the clock and i was thinking to myself (All this money for this car and it has no more power than the Roush). Then i test drove the one i own now with 125 miles on the clock and my pants got tight. The torque was an adrenaline rush i must say. Needless to say, the Roush is history! LOL I've owned a 98 cobra, 01 Roush stage 3, an 07 427r, and now my 08 grabber orange gt500. Don't get me wrong the handling was superb on the Roush cars and i loved all the compliments i got from them, but the raw power from the svt's and knowing the internals are already forged is what really matters to me.:thumbsup:

1FSTHRSE

Established Member
if it is still stock, wait till you put a tune in it with any of the stages.....that's when your pants get .....

luvgun74

Established Member
yeah its still stock, was actually contemplating getting an sct tuner. Is it worth it? Even using the tune it comes with? I mean is the hp very noticeable?

1FSTHRSE

Established Member
absolutly.... i know the tunes from EVO remove the throttle delay and that makes them a lot snappier. Ford has a throttle response delay built into there tune. gotta get rid of that.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
get a CAI of your choice and get an after market tune for that CAI you choose and you good for a while

Users who are viewing this thread