Ex CHP Mustang for sale

Mike McRann

Established Member
Ex CHP Mustang for sale

Let's try this again...
Ex CHP Mustang for sale, still in Black and White colors w/ warning lights and police equipment (radio, light/siren control panal and shotgun rack)
I would think that this car could only be used as a show car as it wouldn't be street legal, am I correct on this?

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
As long as it doesnt have any police markings on it and it doesnt have any flashing lights or red/blue lights it should be okay for the road.

OmahaStang

Established Member
LOL I'll sell you mine for 10g's with only 150,000 miles and 2 yrs newer.. Kind of cool equipment inside though.
Mine was pretty 'hacked' up and needed center counsol and still have holes in the dash and also needed to rewire/reconnect the 'highbeams'

disconnect

ralf's policewoman =]
Established Member
damnit... Mike McRann lives in Cali..

that stang is tight tho, bet it was fun to use as your office for awhile..

it's unmarked, so thats fine. the only other thing is that it would be illegal for someone who purchased it to use the flashing light, so you might not want to sell it with those... or at least advise the person who buys it..

Mike McRann

Established Member
disconnect said:
damnit... Mike McRann lives in Cali..

that stang is tight tho, bet it was fun to use as your office for awhile..

it's unmarked, so thats fine. the only other thing is that it would be illegal for someone who purchased it to use the flashing light, so you might not want to sell it with those... or at least advise the person who buys it..

It's not my car...I found the ad on another site and thought I'd post it here to get the opinions of LEO's as to the legalities of owning a vehicle like that.
In regard to the lights/siren/radio/scanner on the car, from what I read those items are for display only and will be disconnected prior to delivery to the new owner.

wpd736

Back to Blue
Established Member
way too pricey , especially if you think how that was driven ... needs clutch , motor, rear lol ... we arent to kind on vehicles .... thats why they are usually considered unsafe for patrol after 80000 miles

epracmetcon

Established Member
wpd736 said:
way too pricey , especially if you think how that was driven ... needs clutch , motor, rear lol ... we arent to kind on vehicles .... thats why they are usually considered unsafe for patrol after 80000 miles

That would be awsome to go out on patrol in a 5.0 notch.

Users who are viewing this thread