Evo9 vs 01 cobra, and GT500 vs 01 cobra

ID3Racing

SVT FTW!
Established Member
well i went the other night to a local evo sti meet and i was called out by a modded evo (lic try me v8, go figure) and a GTO. well we lined up on a roll at 35 mph. i was pretty high in the rpms so i didnt have to dump the clutch. the gto did the count down. and i got off the line really well, and was holding with the gto for a bit. the evo destroied us both off the line, but as soon as i hit 2nd gear i was back with the evo and the gto was still pulling on both of us (1 car langht at 1/8 of mile) me and the evo were pretty close til i hit 3rd and my car took off. i smashed him buy 2 1/2 car langhts. the gto killed me prob 4 car langhts at 1/2 mile. so when we went back to the meet the evo said he miss shifted (which he wasnt) so i agreed to run him one on one. so we go from a 10 mph roll and i beet him agine. on the way back we ran agine i was already in 2nd he was in 1st and we ran agine i didnt downshift and i keep with him till the vary end. so it came to a tie. i was prode of my car.

then this morning on the toll roads on the way to work a blue and white gt500 pulls next to me on a vary empty toll road, i looks and we droped the speed down to about 40mph and we were off, and there wasnt much to the race besides he crushed me 2xs so i was just stoked i was able to race a vary worthy car.

wma8706

Established Member
Z06 said:
nice kill/loss! U have mods?
+1 on mods. Evo 9's are quite stout. I'm gonna assume the GTO was either an LS-2 or modded LS-1 cause stock for stock the 01 cobra and an ls-1 gto should be a drivers race.

Last edited:

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
wma8706 said:
+1 on mods. Evo 9's are quite stout. I'm gonna assume the GTO was either an LS-2 or modded LS-1 cause stock for stock the 01 cobra and an ls-1 gto should be a drivers race.

+1 on the mods and good races! I've had 1 chance so far to line up with a GT500 and we only got to run to 50mph before we had to get out of it. Did you find out what the GTOs mods were?

SoonToBeASnake

Established Member
Tustin Marketplace every Thursday night 8:30 to whenever, it's died off as far as the Evo's go, due to other people ruining it for them like doing stupid stuff in the parking lot and getting kicked out. Most of the time there's not a whole lot, but other times it's a great gathering of a whole broad range of cars.

scorcher2005

USMC
Established Member
ID3Racing said:
well i went the other night to a local evo sti meet and i was called out by a modded evo (lic try me v8, go figure) and a GTO. well we lined up on a roll at 35 mph. i was pretty high in the rpms so i didnt have to dump the clutch. the gto did the count down. and i got off the line really well, and was holding with the gto for a bit. the evo destroied us both off the line, but as soon as i hit 2nd gear i was back with the evo and the gto was still pulling on both of us (1 car langht at 1/8 of mile) me and the evo were pretty close til i hit 3rd and my car took off. i smashed him buy 2 1/2 car langhts.

You went from a 35mph roll...why would you dump your clutch from a roll at all? And you got off the line really well...but you went from 35mph? I dont understand how this plays out :shrug:

Killer04

Established Member
ID3Racing said:
well i went the other night to a local evo sti meet and i was called out by a modded evo (lic try me v8, go figure) and a GTO. well we lined up on a roll at 35 mph. i was pretty high in the rpms so i didnt have to dump the clutch. the gto did the count down. and i got off the line really well, and was holding with the gto for a bit. the evo destroied us both off the line, but as soon as i hit 2nd gear i was back with the evo and the gto was still pulling on both of us (1 car langht at 1/8 of mile) me and the evo were pretty close til i hit 3rd and my car took off. i smashed him buy 2 1/2 car langhts. the gto killed me prob 4 car langhts at 1/2 mile. so when we went back to the meet the evo said he miss shifted (which he wasnt) so i agreed to run him one on one. so we go from a 10 mph roll and i beet him agine. on the way back we ran agine i was already in 2nd he was in 1st and we ran agine i didnt downshift and i keep with him till the vary end. so it came to a tie. i was prode of my car.

then this morning on the toll roads on the way to work a blue and white gt500 pulls next to me on a vary empty toll road, i looks and we droped the speed down to about 40mph and we were off, and there wasnt much to the race besides he crushed me 2xs so i was just stoked i was able to race a vary worthy car.

I've seen that clown (TryMev8) around town before. When I first got my Cobra I was with my buddy and he pulled up to a light next to me in Costa Mesa (right by South Coast Plaza) on the passenger side. We had the window rolled down. Mr. Big Shot looked over, saw the snake embelm and then stared straight ahead. I would have gladly handed him his @ss but the light in front of us was a mere 40-50 ft away or less. Right when the light turned green, this jerk off floored it only to slam on his brakes extremely hard to avoid scooting into the intersection at the next light. I looked at my buddy and started laughing.

ID3Racing: What are your mods on the 01?? BTW nice kill.

KILLER04

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread