EVO X vs 2001 Porsche 911TT

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
So my father and I were at a BBQ last weekend when one of his buddies showed up in his new to him 2001 Porsche 911 TT with 14,000 original miles on the clock. Car immediately caught my attention. I begin to ask him a few questions about the car and all he could tell me was that he put a full exhaust on it and that the car is too much power for the street. Well not sure if he even knows what a full exhaust is but It did have a cat-back from what I saw, never looked underneath the car.

Anyway after bullshitting for a few minutes I say well would you like to race a mitsubishi. He said are you serious? I said ofcourse why not. He laughed and said "sure I will show you what my tailights look like." I said lets go. We head out to the interstate and we are both in second at 40mph. I start to brake boost and tell him to go. He nails it and I immediately follow. By the end of my 4th gear I had a good 2-3 cars on him. I was shocked, but then again I doubt this guy could really drive the car.

I try to line up again and he just slows down and gets behind me. We return to the BBQ and ofcourse the party is asking who won. So I laugh and say hey "Nick why don't you tell them what my tailights look like." He actually got bent out of shape and stayed quiet for a little bit. I went and got him a beer and said relax its all in good fun.

Looked up the car on goggle and found that the car traps 112-113mph in bone stock form. If he had full exhaust which I doubt the car is probably only a 113-115mph car.

For those wondering my EVO makes 445awhp and 372awtq on 93octane only. No track times yet.

Last edited:

Catfood

Established Member
What color were the brake rotors? That determines whether the car was a turbo or turbo S. I believe a turbo S would have given you a much harder run. Still good kill those turbos are slick rides. :coolman:

Sil80sx

Established Member
is ur X an auto or manual? im assuming that u brake boosted so that means you're auto right?

I'm pretty sure you can brake boost on both manual or auto. The question I was always concerned with is, really how bad is it on the brakes to brake boost? I feel like you'd wear the **** out of the pads n rotors??

Hey OP what kind of BIG ass turbo are you running to get those numbers?? I hope to get my sti that high one day :rolling:

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
I'm pretty sure you can brake boost on both manual or auto. The question I was always concerned with is, really how bad is it on the brakes to brake boost? I feel like you'd wear the **** out of the pads n rotors??

Hey OP what kind of BIG ass turbo are you running to get those numbers?? I hope to get my sti that high one day :rolling:

No big ass turbo here just an FP Red. Brake boosting will wear down your brake pads.

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
What color were the brake rotors? That determines whether the car was a turbo or turbo S. I believe a turbo S would have given you a much harder run. Still good kill those turbos are slick rides. :coolman:

I do not remember. I will have my old man call him and find out. It just said "turbo" on the back if that matters.

Deuuuce

Established Member
Nice kill. They actually run higher teens. Low teens would be a miserable driver or conditions. But I don't doubt the kill nor the ability of your X. 445rwhp is a LOT.

BAD351W

Established Member
Good kill! Those porsches are sick cars. I think im a badass when my neighbor lets me tool around in her 02 Boxster. I can only imagine a 911 turbo.

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
i will own a porsche one sweet day... until then, i will enjoy my z33 and cobra! LOL!

Shadow_Stang

SVT Protege
Established Member
You should come race my cousins GT3 :) that thing is pretty freaking fast. Its a 3.8 TT pushing 435hp/317tq but the car only weights 3075 lbs. Love being in that car , hauls major ass. Meh once I get my kb or my whipple im gonna challenge him to a race see what happens :p

Users who are viewing this thread