Evo Vs Srt4

kyStang1889

Ford Tech
Established Member
Ok well my roomate is looking to get a new car, and he has pretty much narrowed it down between an evo or srt4,
I keep telling him to get the evo, but he is worried about the high cost and on the vehicle and maintaning it. Can some you you guys give me some pros and cons of both

KYLightning02

Established Member
Hey man where at in Ky are you?

And advice to your buddy tell him Def. go with the Evo they are really nice cars and plus its AWD compared to the SRT-4 which is FWD it will be good for him all year round and you know how ky weather is snow one day and sunny the next...Lets see some more Pro's on the evo is its faster in the quarter looks alot better then a NEON...i have a couple friends with evo's and they love it and havent had any problems out of them yet so they are pretty reliable so just tell your friend EVO is the best way to go i dont have any pro's on the srt-4 so i cant really help you more then this i am sure others will be more help

99SVTcobraVERT

oh man this could get bad.... um its cool that you value our opinions because you are a fellow stang owner and all. but why come on an SVT board and ask to compare an evo to an srt4? to answer your question the new evo owns the srt4

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
if price is not a factor then evo all the way but the idea that a SRT-4 can be had for 10k cheaper then an evo is pretty appealing also.

majinprodigy

Established Member
+1 ^, if price isnt a factor EVO all the way... if he likes road racing go with MR 6 spd if he wants all around go with IX 5 spd, both are great cars and 05+ have stronger trannys (not by much but still), srt 4 will be much cheaper (evo insurence is around 75$ higher then srt4), the srt4 makes for a great sleeper, a turbo swap (4k or less) will get you into 12's and will be cheaper then evo to mod and when things break in a mitsu. it costs quite a bit (yes im aware alot of dodge cars including the neon uses their parts)
ive looked into both myself and seen them on various tracks

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
kyStang1889 said:
Ok well my roomate is looking to get a new car, and he has pretty much narrowed it down between an evo or srt4,
I keep telling him to get the evo, but he is worried about the high cost and on the vehicle and maintaning it. Can some you you guys give me some pros and cons of both

Sure, buy a Cobra!!!

snake134

i dont know why someone in their right mint would buy a srt-4, unless they didnt know the evo exsisted....but even if they didnt they should've gotten a cobra!!!!!!!

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
I'm going to the dealer this saturday to trade in the tahoe on a black evo9 se. Free oil changes and a 5yr/50k bumper to bumper with 10yr/100k powertrain warranty sealed the deal for me...plus I'm getting it for below invoice and they're giving me book for my truck :banana:

bones srt-4

yep,still a neon.
Established Member
audioqueso said:
Japanese Turbo > American Turbo

so which car has the american turbo ? :dw:

go with the evo .

for the guy who said a turbo swap will get you into the 12's , yes it will, but i am in the 12's on stock (mitsubishi) turbo.

kyStang1889

Ford Tech
Established Member
Hey man where at in Ky are you?

Actually i just moved to evansville indiana which is about 45 min from owensborok ky where i am from

oh man this could get bad.... um its cool that you value our opinions because you are a fellow stang owner and all. but why come on an SVT board and ask to compare an evo to an srt4? to answer your question the new evo owns the srt4
b/c there are very deverse crowd here at svtp

+1 ^, if price isnt a factor EVO all the way... if he likes road racing go with MR 6 spd if he wants all around go with IX 5 spd, both are great cars and 05+ have stronger trannys (not by much but still), srt 4 will be much cheaper (evo insurence is around 75$ higher then srt4), the srt4 makes for a great sleeper, a turbo swap (4k or less) will get you into 12's and will be cheaper then evo to mod and when things break in a mitsu. it costs quite a bit (yes im aware alot of dodge cars including the neon uses their parts)
ive looked into both myself and seen them on various tracks

well price is somewhat of a factor i mean he could get the evo but says he would be scared to mod the hell out of it bc parts are so high dollor

i am all for the evo guys i just need some help convincing him he still on the fence but he's leaning tward the neon b/c of price

Lightningboy99

Established Member
The SRT4's are definantly nice i got a buddy with a stage two neon but if i were to choose id definantly go with the EVO just for the awd and they are actually not that bad to ride in. As far as mantainance i cant really help u on the evo but my buddy with the SRT4 hasnt had a problem yet and it doesnt cost him to much for tune ups which include oil changes spark plugs etc......

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Price is the only real factor. If he can afford the Evo, buy the evo. If he cant, go with the SRT. SRTs can be insanely quick with little money. Trap speeds are awesome but it is fwd. Thats about the only downfall.

The SRT-4 may be a Neon, but it is a few lightyears ahead of any standard neon. Just like a Cobra's a mustang...

KYLightning02

Established Member
bones srt-4 said:
so which car has the american turbo ? :dw:

go with the evo .

for the guy who said a turbo swap will get you into the 12's , yes it will, but i am in the 12's on stock (mitsubishi) turbo.

Ok Thread just ended with this guy because he drives an SRT-4 and said buy the Evo so that pretty much answears your question

Users who are viewing this thread