Evo vs Pullied and tuned Terminator

4tun8

Evolved
Established Member
Havent posted in a while but while coming home from work tonight in Hershey PA I noticed a burgandy terminator go past me and slow down. I figured he was looking to destroy me, and honestly I was a little worried that he would.

I honestly tried to avoid racing at first (been busted a few too many times) and this area is......a stone's throw from the state police acadamy lol.

Anyway, he slows down, I get around and line up with him and attempt to just pass him....wondering if he would gun it. He does gun it but I did not...I was too scared in the location we were in.

I get to the next light, and he pulls over to let me by again.....I'm thinking that he thought I was racing, and I just didnt want him to go home thinking he totally destroyed me. So I decided to give him just a little taste and gunned it. I'm pretty sure I saw it squat before I got past him, but it wouldn't have mattered with the type of jump I had, so I think I maybe got his interest a little bit or atleast his attention as my dump tube exits on the side of the car nearest him haha.

I get to the next light and I'm talking to the guy, he seemed alright, but I felt funky about the whole situation. He asked me if I wanted to run (I think, I honestly couldn't hear very well) and I said no.....but as we're talking and driving slow I'm keeping the RPM's at a decent range.....I hear him start ramping it up to take off and I'm like "**** it" and I let her rip. He jumped a length on me, and once I spooled I regained my ground, at the 3-4 shift I was dead even....I had to pedal 4th gear just a tiny bit because of a slight curve, but I maintained dead even with this guy.

I got to the next light, rolled down my window and just said "Looked dead even to me" to which he replied "yeah it was close" and we went our seperate ways.

My heart was pounding haha

BM1

Established Member
How much cash did it take to make 427WHP with a 4-cylinder engine? I'm just curious because people say it's cheap with those Evos. You can send me a PM if you want.

Last edited:

ASSASSIN

03 "DSG" Cobra
Established Member
Good runs and I am glad to see two fast cars going at it. How did you know he was pullied and tuned by the way? Again great runs :)

atlvalet

Established Member
Black Mach 1 said:
How much cash did it take to make 427WHP with a 4-cylinder engine? I'm just curious because people say it's cheap with those Evos. You can send me a PM if you want.

I can give you a ballpark. Probably around $4000 for the turbo kit, and then bolt-ons and stuff. Maybe 6-7k, but it can be (and maybe was) done cheaper.

1.8t

Established Member
Bolt ons, cams, and a tune for race gas can get you very close if not 400whp on the stock turbo.

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
ASSASSIN said:
Good runs and I am glad to see two fast cars going at it. How did you know he was pullied and tuned by the way? Again great runs :)

+1

countrysquire

Search then Ask
Established Member
Hell yea!! That's the kind of racing that I like to see/read about. Not a Mustang GT with intake/exhaust vs. a TT Viper or something. Great runsand congrats!!

BTW...nice EVO.

Quik Z06

Established Member
My guess on the Evo depending on brands could be anywhere from $2500-4K for those power levesls which isnt much. Nice Run!

bmfgsxr

Established Member
nice evo you got man.. ive been dying to get one myself, but i gotta pay the L off first.

dustin

Supercharged
Established Member
The outcome is exactly how it should be for a roll race.

I know this because I roll raced an EVO with 400 whp from 30 to 100. My car made 411 rwhp on the dyno (pullied, catback, tune, nothing else). The result was we were dead even by the time I shifted to 4th gear.

Nice Evo.

4tun8

Evolved
Established Member
We could have got the power for less money, but we did some expirimenting.

Mr Incredible

Established Member
1.8t said:
Bolt ons, cams, and a tune for race gas can get you very close if not 400whp on the stock turbo.

Your sig says that's what you have and you only made 331. :dw: Do you get 70 more hp from race gas. :shrug:

Last edited:

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
Nice runs dude.

Which Cobra color is Burgundy though?

I guess the 20g is treating you right. I am thinking of moving up to one in the future.

1.8t

Established Member
Mr Incredible said:
Your sig says that's what you have and you only made 331. :dw: Do you get 70 more hp from race gas. :shrug:

Me? No. I have the baby cams and am still on the stock intercooler, so I would probably sit around 380whp. Most guys go 272's and a upgraded intercooler, which make a much bigger difference when making bigger power. Remember, on race gas we run 30psi on the stock turbo and then tune for it. It would be EASY to pick up 50whp from 30psi, C16, and a tune.

1.8t

Established Member
Your not flaming and I know that. Just because it isn't efficient at that psi doens't mean it won't make power. Things like bigger FMIC's, race gas, and meth injection all help with pre-ignition allowing you to push the threshold harder. Hence why everyone who runs meth injection runs 27~28psi or so.

Users who are viewing this thread