Evo vs Camaro/STI/Some truck...video...

4tun8

Evolved
Established Member
Don't get bored with the first part, I felt like playing with the editing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM_sHmguslU

12.41@119 was the best we did in the 2 runs before 1st gear broke, so I have to pull the trans and fix first gear before we can do anymore runs....

119mph I should be going 11s atleast....It's hard to launch this sucker....

4tun8

Evolved
Established Member
I might have forgot to put the camaro in it, I just thought of that....oh well I have it somewhere else if anyone wants to see....it was a total destruction for the camaro anyway~

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
Nice vid... :thumbsup:

Are you the one on EVOm.net with "the real" 20G? Is launching with the new turbo much different? Maybe you need a 2 step or something to build a little boost off the line. I could tell you were bogging off the line pretty bad.

I PM'ed you on EVOm.net about a 10.5 hotside about a week or so ago. My name is Corey on there. I'm still trying to figure out if this guy is gonna sell me his TME turbo first. If not, I'll be getting a 10.5 off of you. :thumbsup:

fre

Established Member
Yea with a good pass you could hit a mid-high 11. It's tricky though. How much boost you pushing? Oh and a 2 step will not build boost, just help you concentrate on the light instead of rpms. I launch at about 6500 off the 2 step.

Last edited:

firebirdvert305

Established Member
hey 4tun8 i ran a friends friend Evo last tues. night...He has an evo on 26psi (dunno if he was on pump or 110, my friend was in the car so he vouched for it to be true) AFC2, jestrtuning reflash, full turboback exhaust, hardpiping for the fmic and an intake. He's never ran the car before, what do you think hes doing 1/4 wise and trap speed? I gotta fwd dsm...i did 14.4 at 106mph...we decided to do a 50mph 3rd gear pull....till 110mph (where i shift 4th) i held him off(had him a fender) then when i shifted into 4th...he put a half car on me we both shut down like 125-130...pretty good race. Im still on stock 14b,injectors,cams,head gasket,full weight + toolbox, she has 142k on the stock motor.. :-D

Last edited:

4tun8

Evolved
Established Member
26psi would be way too much boost for pump....he'd either be spraying alky or running race gas, either way....

I dunno what the outcome would be, the AWD will be an advantage, but if he can't pull a mid 14 second car from a roll I wouldn't think he can drive very good.

I say try him from a dig.

mikes93

Established Member
4tun8, have you look into a strocker kit? I know of a new MR with it is putting down 497lbs to the ground with stock turbo

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
firebirdvert305 said:
i heard stock the new evos or the MR'S come with a 20g stock can you vouch for this at all?

No....the compressor housing of the turbo is just bigger and it still uses the 10.5 hotside that the 05' EVO 8's use. It still has a 16G wheel in it. Bucshur Racing sells a EVO 9 20G which is basically a stock EVO 9 turbo with a 20G wheel in it. There is a small install kit for it to work on the EVO 8, but it's considered a direct bolt on.

4tun8

Evolved
Established Member
Stock 9s don't come with a 20g, as previously stated, the 9 does have a larger compressor cover on the 16g though.

4tun8, have you look into a strocker kit? I know of a new MR with it is putting down 497lbs to the ground with stock turbo

I'm going to work more on the driver mod this year and less on the power mod, so I think I'm actually going to stay on the 400whp configurationt his year and just learn how to drive better.

SLVRF16

Established Member
4tun8 said:
Stock 9s don't come with a 20g, as previously stated, the 9 does have a larger compressor cover on the 16g though.

It also has a bigger compressor wheel and it's made of magnesium. This gives the car more torque (hence more hp) at the low-mid range.

-M

4tun8

Evolved
Established Member
It also has a bigger compressor wheel and it's made of magnesium. This gives the car more torque (hence more hp) at the low-mid range.

Not 100% sure of the sizing, but from what I understand the evo 9 16g in the US market has the same exact 16g wheel.

The Magnesium wheel you're thinking of came in the JDM and european markets I believe, they also had a lot of problems with that wheel because of it's tendency to explode under high boost.

TacticalKaos

Established Member
Sweet ride 4tun8.......with a good launch I'd say you'll have easy mid 11s and you've still got tons of potential left in that car.

atlvalet

Established Member
fre said:
Oh and a 2 step will not build boost, just help you concentrate on the light instead of rpms. I launch at about 6500 off the 2 step.

My launch control (XEDE) builds 5-10 psi with clutch in. How does yours not build boost?

And yes, the magnesium comp wheels are not US spec. Kindo good, since the first batch tended to grenade when you turned up the boost. Ask the Lancer Register guys about that.

Last edited:

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
atlvalet said:
My launch control (XEDE) builds 5-10 psi with clutch in. How does yours not build boost?

I thought I've heard of guys builing boost with the DynoFlash 2 step as well. THat is why I said what I said....

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
Nice mph! What kind of 60's are you cutting? With AWD and 119mph you should be cutting some nice 11's. You'll get there! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread