evo vs. c4 turbo vette

evo connevo

Established Member
So, I finally have a small run in with something decent. I am making my way to the highway onramp and see a 99-04gt and a early 90's vette flying moving quickly to where I was going. I get stuck behind a car but finally catch up a mile or two after we get on the highway. So I finally get ahead of him and downshift to 4th and wait for him to catch up. I'm going 65-70 and ready to go. He pulls up to my door with me smiling, and he does the "you aint got sh#t on me" wave and hammers it, I give him the jump, and he pulls one car but thats as far as he got. From 65/70-100 I held my ground. I don't think he was too happy with that since he expected to dust me. From a lower roll I think I would take him until I run out of gear.

Before anyone calls bs..I dynoed 373/392 at the wheels last summer and have added an intercooler in the last 2 months. So figure I would have 385/400+. Fun run, wish I could have done a few more pulls.

evo connevo

Established Member
After he pulled the initial car when I gave him the hit, I didn't budge. Lol i heard the turbo and the license plate said turbopwr. I didn't race the gt but they were following eachother.

4tun8

Evolved
Established Member
KenneBellGT87 said:
sweet shit dude. evos are fast little ****ers. and their four bangers

2 years ago you'd never see this comment on this board, I'm glad to know I changed the WORLD! (lol)

bmfgsxr

Established Member
good run man.. im sure you did suprise him by hanging in there, especially with him getting the hit..

evo connevo

Established Member
Thanks guys. Ye I'm willing to bet he was a little surprised. Anyone have any ideas what numbers they would put down on low boost?

Wild Bill

Established Member
Wow nice one! I would have expected a turbo vette to spank a 400whp 3300lbs car.I would expect to get wasted and I got 500wp.I wonder what kind of power he is making?A friend of mine here has a turboed C6 that is well over 600wp on low boost.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
an early 90's vette is at best a mid to high 13 second car if im not mistaken.. with a turbo (depending on boost) it wouldnt be hard to knock a full second or more off of that time putting it low 12's maybe high 11's (just a guess). a 400hp evo will run high 11's all day long without a problem. it only takes about 350awhp to run high 11's consistantly with a decent driver.

jdlightning33

Established Member
a turboed vete on the highway will pull like a train. what hes claiming is deffintaly doable just hard to belive

bmfgsxr

Established Member
keep in mind, its an early 90's vette. not that they are slow, but they are different animals than the vettes of today. maybe someone can find this guy on a vette board based on his plate being what it is.. i wouldnt doubt that to be a screen name as well.

jdlightning33

Established Member
bmfgsxr said:
keep in mind, its an early 90's vette. not that they are slow, but they are different animals than the vettes of today. maybe someone can find this guy on a vette board based on his plate being what it is.. i wouldnt doubt that to be a screen name as well.

agreeed

RealQuick

Established Member
bmfgsxr said:
a 400hp evo will run high 11's all day long without a problem. it only takes about 350awhp to run high 11's consistantly with a decent driver.

ET's mean dick when roll racing. What does a 350awhp run.. 114-115mph?

I doubt anyone running more than 6-7psi is running a stock bottom end, so the vette either is running very low boost on stock bottom ... or he wasnt on it. By the way the race was run, its sounds like he was on it, but at low boost (~400rwhp).

There are a few LT1 C4 cars on cz28.com with forged botoms and they dpont have a problem trapping high 12xmph in the 1/4 with mild setups.

jdlightning33

Established Member
RealQuick said:

I doubt anyone running more than 6-7psi is running a stock bottom end, so the vette either is running very low boost on stock bottom ... or he wasnt on it. By the way the race was run, its sounds like he was on it, but at low boost (~400rwhp).

There are a few LT1 C4 cars on cz28.com with forged botoms and they dpont have a problem trapping high 12xmph in the 1/4 with mild setups.

hey i see ur from ma where abouts??

bmfgsxr

Established Member
RealQuick said:

350awhp will probably net trap speeds of about 115-117 on average.. although the original poster is putting down in the neighborhood of 380awhp and that should be good enough to trap 118-120.

evo connevo

Established Member
The guy was definitely on it. It was very loud and I could hear the turbo spool up. He even waved to me as he was trying to go by. He had to be on low boost although my car isn't the slowest thing in the world either. No doubt with more boost it would have been a raping.Fwiw, i pulled an 02+ z06 with less boost and a extra passenger in 2nd and 3rd gear.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
4tun8 said:
I made 420 on a mustang dyno and only trapped 120.....

hmm, mustang dyno's normally are low reading but there have been reports of them actually reading high.

id love to see what you put down on a dynojet. browsing through the drag racing forum on evom is where i get most of my information on the evos 1/4mile performance. whats the status with your turbo?

Users who are viewing this thread