Evo VIII Race - Not an A-hole like C5...

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Ran with an EVO tonight on the hwy...

Not sure what speed we started around 60-70 or so...

Anyway, we ran it and by time I hit 100 I started to pull pretty nice...

Stopped and talked to him for a bit afterwards, he had test pipes and CB... However, he said he had cams, Boost controller, etc, waiting to add -- also, that his best time was 13.3 at 104...

Not to shabby -- after his mods that will be a nasty Evo. Anyway, maybe he will log in over here so this doesnt get moved to Smackdown... =)

I will say (agreed with him) that the Evo is very strong from 60-100... On our first run, I dont think I used 3rd gear, I stayed in 4th and I didnt move on him hardly at all... Second time around, I stayed in 3rd, and as I was starting to walk, we shut down...

All in all it was good times...

Oh and Whitten, you missed another one... you silly bastard...

IE Evo

Established Member
That sounds about right. Nice objective post for once. Actually I believe the Evo is strongest from 0-80mph w/o ecu/piggyback upgrades. It doesn't suprise me that it gets ugly above 100mph. Thanks for being polite and good kill.

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Originally posted by IE Evo
That sounds about right. Nice objective post for once. Actually I believe the Evo is strongest from 0-80mph w/o ecu/piggyback upgrades. It doesn't suprise me that it gets ugly above 100mph. Thanks for being polite and good kill.

I dont have a problem with fellow enthusiasts. I have this guys info so after he installs his cams/chip/boost controller, He can have a rematch... =)

Ultor

Pie luver ;)
Established Member
You'll find the majority of Evo owners are decent guys. Theres a big difference in the maturity level of a 3K honda and 30K Evo

....well for the most part :D

I owned 3 mustangs before the evo.
I always will be a ford lover and defend ford like crazy when anyone starts the smack talkin. ;)

:beer:

Last edited:

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Originally posted by Ultor
You'll find the majority of Evo owners are decent guys. Theres a big difference in the maturity level of a 3K honda and 30K Evo

Got that right! Too bad there is an over-abundance of the former..

Now that spring is approaching, they're all starting to come out of the woodwork..

Drive safe and stay away from the ricers.

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
I like the EVO owners because they hate rice cars, and wallow in the same satisfaction of embarassing kids with DSMs just like us.

Sam, I just got your PM. I had to laugh, cause not five minutes after you left I found all of the Cobra guys, the evos, and some dude in an SRT-4 skittle who wanted to race the all mighty Maxima. Damn, I swear as soon as you leave all the fun starts. I guess the competion just scatters like **** roaches when you are in the area.

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Originally posted by Whitten
I like the EVO owners because they hate rice cars, and wallow in the same satisfaction of embarassing kids with DSMs just like us.

Sam, I just got your PM. I had to laugh, cause not five minutes after you left I found all of the Cobra guys, the evos, and some dude in an SRT-4 skittle who wanted to race the all mighty Maxima. Damn, I swear as soon as you leave all the fun starts. I guess the competion just scatters like **** roaches when you are in the area.

Yeah... right...

Silver 03 Cobra

Originally posted by Ultor

....well for the most part :D

I owned 3 mustangs before the evo.
I always will be a ford lover and defend ford like crazy when anyone starts the smack talkin. ;)

:beer:

Aint that the truth. The other day three imports pulled out in front of me while I was stopped at a light. All were riced out Hondas. I wasn't going to frig with them since I gave up street racing. They got caught at a light and all three were lined up in the right lane. I decided to pull up into the left lane. I may avoid confrontations but I wasn't going to pull four cars back in the right lane. Right when I got up the first one at the light he started revving on me. I had my window down and I had pulled slightly ahead of him. I backed up and asked he if I was supposed to be scared. These dudes were oriental. He just looked at me. I revved mine to about 900 rpm, just a little above idle. I'm running a 2.80 upper and four pound lower. My blower makes a very audible whine. He looks over and says,"I not scared" :lol:.

Then he revs his engine and it's bouncing off the rev limiter and when the light changes he dumps the clutch and barely barked his tires witha 6-7k dump. All three flew off. I just sat there till they were 100 yards up the road. I didn't want any cop to think I was street racing. That area is notorious for imports and many have been busted and many have caused wrecks. What a bunch of whackos.

DA_MYSTIK_1

Established Member
THATS VERY VERY TRUE. STREET RACING IS FUN BUT I GUEES YOU GROW OUT OF IT. I MEAN IM UP 4 A CHALLENGE IF THE CHALLENGER IS WORTH RACING OTHER THEN THAT DONT WASTE MY TIME AND GAS.

I GOT A TICKET 4 SUPPOSLY STREET RACING, WHEN THE DAMB GUY IN HIS RICER WAS REVING N BURNING OUT. NOT MY FAULT I WAS IN THE RIGHT LANE. AS SOON AS THE LIGHT TURNED GREEN HE TOOK OFF LIKE CRAZY. FUNNY THING IS THAT HE NEVER PULLED IN FRONT OF ME HE WAS ALWAYS BEHIND. I LOOKED AT MY MPH N I WAS ONLY GOING LIKE 50 .

WELL HAPPNED 2 BE A 45 MPH SPEED LIMIT AND SINCE I WAS 5 MPH OVER AND HAD THIS RICER TRYING 2 STAY WITH ME THE COP BUSTED BOTH OF US AND GAVE ME 3 TICKETS. SPEEDING, STREET RACING AND NOISE POLLUTION. I WAS LIKE WTF NOISE POLLUTION WHAT KIND OF TICKET IS THAT. COP SAYS 2 ME THAT MY CARS IS 2 LOUD. I WAS LIKE OFFICER ALL I HAVE X-PIPES N FULL 3" EXHAUST HE DIDNT CARE SAID IT WAS 2 LOUD FOR THE NEIGHBORHOOD I WAS LIKE. W/E SO I CALLED MY LAWYER TOOK CARE OF ALL MY TICKETS. WELL AT LEAST THE DAMB RICER GOT ARRESTED AND HIS CAR TOWED BUT I WAS STILL TICKED 4 MY 3 TICKETS.

birch

Go 'Eers!
Established Member
I raced a friend of mine with an Evo last Sunday. He had it dyno'd the day before, and he was putting down 340 whp and 350ish tq.
(not sure if corrected or not)Went from a 10 roll (I know, races are from a dig) but we shut down at 120 and I had almost 1 car length and I was stock. Done right and those cars are no joke. He has a lot of stuff done to it..but give me a pulley and tune..shyt..diff ballgame.

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
I'm not even kidding. As you were on the ramp to get back on to 75 I had people all around me. One yellow SRT-4, and up the road a piece there were all of the Cobras cruising in a line pissing everyone off. HEhehe.

04HillzGT

Established Member
Theres a big difference in the maturity level of a 3K honda and 30K Evo

agreed, even when I get beat they are always quick with a thumbs up and a nod of mutual respect, but them Honda owners man I just can't stop hating on them :mj:

Black3KGT

SECURITY
Established Member
hahaa this convo reminds me of a race I had with my buddy the otherday. I was comin back home from school(VCU) and he was comin over my place. I was in the beast ass 94 Caravan and he was in his 95-96ish Civic. Hes got a lil somin somin on their (headers, cool-air, some other shit) but its still a 1.8 liter. So I get up to a stoplight in the right lane and hes in the left, light goes green and the beast ass caravan peels out like a batch and I immediatley jump about 3-5 cars on his ass. I am laughin my ass off during the full 20 seconds it takes me to get to 80mph then I shutdown throw the hazards on and everything. He was bustin ass the whole time and never started to pull back on me. He knows better than to mess with a 3.0 equipped caravan now.

Users who are viewing this thread