evo ix vs. trailblazer SS

bmfgsxr

Established Member
not a very exciting story, but i ran into a guy with an ss that wanted to play a little bit yesterday.. so he was in front of me in traffic and decided to drop the hammer and go for it, so after he got the jump i nailed it in 4th and made up ground on him at a decent rate, but had to let off due to traffic.. we did this a few times, and i was actually hoping he would slow down to around 40 or 50 so we could get a decent run, but after the few runs we had i guess he lost interest and just dropped back and never bothered to catch up.. id love to race one of those from a dig..

S8ER01Z

Established Member
not a very exciting story, but i ran into a guy with an ss that wanted to play a little bit yesterday.. so he was in front of me in traffic and decided to drop the hammer and go for it, so after he got the jump i nailed it in 4th and made up ground on him at a decent rate, but had to let off due to traffic.. we did this a few times, and i was actually hoping he would slow down to around 40 or 50 so we could get a decent run, but after the few runs we had i guess he lost interest and just dropped back and never bothered to catch up.. id love to race one of those from a dig..

Mods/Track Times?

dragon40k

Established Member
:lol: How the hell did someone mess up that bad? High altitude maybe :shrug:. Most are running mid 13's.

I don't know man I can only tell you what I saw. It was low 50's and the track is less than 1000' Sadly I think it had some mods too. Are they all time awd? That might slow them down up top, cause he got out of the hole pretty well.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
im bone stock.. havent hit the track yet. and his truck looked and sounded stock.. i thought they were mid to high 13second trucks, with most of their advantage being the awd out of the hole.. not sure what they trap at.

as i said, it wasnt an exciting story, but i havent run into anyone lately that wants to run.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I've seen them (2wd) mid 13s stock in rediculously good weather and traps speeds right above 100mph... the 4wd models tend to be right around 14 flat at just under or at 100mph... I would consider it to be closer from a roll considering their weight than it would be from a dead stop.

98NATA

Established Member
No, mid 13 stock in a 2wd, its all in location and driver. And they arent much from a roll, me and my buddy easily beat a cammed one in his 01 vette with a catback, but he was running mid 12's at the track, which is slow for what he had done

jstn0127

Established Member
Not bad for a 6000lb+ suv

th_Salazar12493at10725TXMotorplex11030.jpg

^ Mods: Cam, Kooks LTs, 3400 Vig. TC, ADM CAI

th_tbss.jpg

^ Same truck http://www.widefnopen.com/videos/Martin1063.wmv

Mods: Nitrous...not sure about the rest.

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I have a TBSS as well, and I can't see how someone could run a 15 second slip. Hell, it is an automatic. Just put your foot in it and go. Like has been said above. RWD TBSS = mid 13's stock. AWD TBSS = High 13's to low 14's.

-Jeff

Deuuuce

Established Member
They are not even close to 6000lbs. I'd like to see proof of stock mid-13s for RWD and 100mph trap speeds. That doesn't add up - more like 14.0s.

jstn0127

Established Member
They are not even close to 6000lbs. I'd like to see proof of stock mid-13s for RWD and 100mph trap speeds. That doesn't add up - more like 14.0s.

Your correct. I was thinking Maximum GVWR.

Curb-

2wd = 4,496
awd = 4,663

Last edited:

bmfgsxr

Established Member
im suprised the rwd is faster than the awd.. id think the advantage to get out of the hole would overcome the extra drivetrain losses, and 150lbs.. either way, im actually considering getting one of those for the wife.

jstn0127

Established Member
Well hurry up and try to get an 07....

$4000 cash back
$100 off if anyone in your household doesnt own a gm vehicle
Plus thousands off because of the 08's

Deuuuce

Established Member
im suprised the rwd is faster than the awd.. id think the advantage to get out of the hole would overcome the extra drivetrain losses, and 150lbs.. either way, im actually considering getting one of those for the wife.

More utility than the Jeep SRT-8 but not as quick, no Brembos or handling and reported body flex - check out C&Ds review.

jstn0127

Established Member
More utility than the Jeep SRT-8 but not as quick, no Brembos or handling and reported body flex - check out C&Ds review.

The jeep is more like a fast oversized car. It's better quality but about $10,000 more and you can't tow with it.

Users who are viewing this thread