Evo Cowl Hood

MrClean

ADDICTED
Established Member
I'm seriously thinking about odering the Evo cowl hood. Has anyone got one of these yet? Just wondering how the fit and finish is on it.

Thanks

Vince

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
I'm seriously thinking about odering the Evo cowl hood. Has anyone got one of these yet? Just wondering how the fit and finish is on it.

Thanks

Vince

That's "Cervinis" Cowl hood and they make some of the best parts available for any car.

I can tell you that you need to find a paint shop first then have the hood shipped there. It will save you a little in shipping. It is also a good idea to have them inspect it before the truck leaves in case there is any damage during shipping. I had some with a hood and the trucking company paid for all the work.

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
i still think the stock hood looks the best from all of the options i have seen, just my opinion though.

MrClean

ADDICTED
Established Member
BTW Cervini also has a pre painted option direct on there website. the hood price is a little higher but they will paint it for 349.00 and if you have stripes add those for 99.00

https://www.cervinis.com/product.aspx?car=1&id=1208#1182

I saw that on their site. That might be a good way to go as long as it's a ggod fit when I get it.

i still think the stock hood looks the best from all of the options i have seen, just my opinion though.

No doubt the stock hood looks good but I always got to be different :D

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse

+1. The cowl hood must be a pita to see over.

A cowl hood certainly is not being different - those things are on just about everything from 60's muscle cars to '09 cars. If anything, it is more of the same especially on a Mustang in my opinion.

Last edited:

MrClean

ADDICTED
Established Member
+1. The cowl hood must be a pita to see over.

A cowl hood certainly is not being different - those things are on just about everything from 60's muscle cars to '09 cars. If anything, it is more of the same especially on a Mustang in my opinion.

It's only a 2.5' cowl. I don't think it will be that bad to see over.

I've just always liked a cowl hood and you don't really see any 500's with one.

You're right though, it is a popular hood and they are out there.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
It's only a 2.5' cowl. I don't think it will be that bad to see over.

I've just always liked a cowl hood and you don't really see any 500's with one.

You're right though, it is a popular hood and they are out there.

GT500, true, but it's still a Mustang body. I think the cowl will make your car look more like the average S197 than set it apart is all.

If you go for it, post up some good pics :)

You should go custom tear-drop. That would rock.

Last edited:

MrClean

ADDICTED
Established Member
Not really diggin it too much. It's different tho.

1013457[/ATTACH]"]
teardrophood.jpg

Attachments

• teardrophood.jpg
    teardrophood.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 77

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
I would only consider doing the cowl if you are going with like a Whipple 3.4 and don't want to have to drop the engine. I think if you get it painted and have the strips to match it would look good. Its not much of a change, but enough to put the person in the know on notice that your baby is packing an extra punch.

Users who are viewing this thread