Everything you ever wanted to know about the Coyote engine from its birth.

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
Yeah, that article is over two years old now. I think the entire world has seen it.

SicShelby09

Banned
cant believe im saying this but I had not read that artical, so OP, thanks for posting.:beer:

It just takes one... LOL you're welcome. I re-read it this morning, and rather enjoyed it again. Lots of great info in there from the people who actually know, not just message board speculation.

:banana:

NickSezz

Established Member
I sat here for hours and read the whole thing one day and analyzed all the pictures. That's when I realized I have issues...Some interesting comments though about WOT heat during engine testing. They also commented about the heat treating on the piston ring landings.

scott_0

Established Member
good posting, clearly not everyone has seen this, but thanks for speaking up for all of us..........

Tubra

Established Member
I had seen this before, but I never completely read it as in-depth as I have this time. Thanks for posting! This is a must-read!

Grant808

Established Member
That article should have been a sticky. Ford did a good job of getting the press access for this info...it's what sold me on buying the new 5.0 in the first year.

cmsnake

Established Member
Thanks for the link. I read this when it first came out, but it was great to read it again. Main sticking points for me:

375 lb ft of torqure rating on the mt-82

Weak connecting rods

I know im being negative here, but this is why I bought an auto and have a hard time slapping a blower on my car at the moment. The rest of the engine/drivetrain is top notch, hence I was able to convince myself to purchase a first model year 5.0. I also like the piston oil squirter advantages, maybe a nice selling point down the road over the updated '13.

Last edited:

cbaty08

Established Member
That article should have been a sticky. Ford did a good job of getting the press access for this info...it's what sold me on buying the new 5.0 in the first year.

Being that I had a motor replacement on my 2011 already... I can state that I feel this motor was indeed rushed to production.

Users who are viewing this thread