Everything M122. throw reading at me, please.

01yellercobra

Established Member
It’s just the standard size that comes with the M122, but with the smaller crank pulley, idle and tensioner length, it’s spinning the blower faster. To what degree, who knows, I CBF doing the maths tbh, but it’s on par with what we could max the little M90 to, so I’m happy.

I will go smaller again with a press on hub and make a custom pulley with the CNC. I have to do this because I’ve turned the pulley around and will need the design it to have a little more strength over the ribs. What will determines the pulley size will be a bit of trial and error. One pulley size smaller for me might see more of a boost increase than you guys see.

A smaller crank pulley turns the blower slower. So you're making 1psi more now with the blower turning slower. Which is a good thing.

AussieM8

Established Member
Yeah, sorry, I assume everyone’s in my head when I explained things sometimes. On the Buick motor it’s slightly bigger, but with my overdriven balancer, it was something like around 8% bigger than the standard balancer pulley that comes on the GT500. I mean that with the smaller pulleys it’s meant to come with, I’ve no idea on how much faster I’m actually spinning the blower.

It won’t be much and it’s on point with what I’m after at this point. Really happy that forums like this still exist. Can’t thank you all enough for the catalog of information.

Users who are viewing this thread