Everyones input

FranticFocus05

Established Member
Ok guys (and gals) I am getting my license finally in two days because I waited so long to get my permit (bad idea I know). My dad is throwing a fit and wont let me have the mustang because of insurance, mom is more ok with it but hey I will live. They say I can trade in the Escape and get a used or maybe a new car.

My choices are my sisters 2002 5speed mazda protege which is in pretty good shape and has been in the family. They also said I could look around for a cheap used car or new one. No matter what car I get I want a manual, and it would have to be something that could easly be modded and be fun, so now for your input could I have enough fun with the mazda for a year or two with some mods to make it a little faster or what would be a good car to get?

I was thinking trying to find a nice foxbody I have seen a couple for sale around me for 4-6k and I have heard that there pretty easy to maintain and mod cause theres so many parts avalable. Any ideas of what I should be looking for, just remember I am on a limit for a price and it has to be something that wont make insurance to much. And once I narrow it down I will probably need help figuring out good prices and be asking alot more questions so I dont get screwed by a too good to be true deal.

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
MvKeeper said:
Wow no one has any advice for me........ :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Sure I do. Learn how to spell L-I-C-E-N-S-E before you take the exam it might be on there :rollseyes

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
You're getting rid of your escape for a foxbody? Keep the escape until you can get a job that will allow you to have both.

FranticFocus05

Established Member
Ok well other then the fact that I cant spell... :bash:
This site has alwasy ben helpfull with everything but yet it seems when I ask a question when I need everyones input I get nothing really. :rollseyes

Two problems with keeping the escape.. first off I had to help my mom run a day camp for the first part of summer and now I am going to Cape Cod to take care of my grandmother so I have no way of getting a job until next fall/winter. Second no matter what I do I cant seem to get comfertable in the escape, I feel like I am sitting funny and its uncomfertable, but that might be what I have to do until next summer.... anyone else's input, I will consider anything.

Thanks
Eric

bp03svt

Established Member
I think you should keep the Mazda but in the meantime be on the lookout for a nice fox. The Mazda should be good on gas and it's fairly new and most important it's FREE. I wish someone would've given me my first ride LOL.

PONY MAN

Established Member
MvKeeper said:
This site has alwasy ben helpfull with everything but yet it seems when I ask a question when I need everyones input I get nothing really. :rollseyes

Two problems with keeping the escape.. first off I had to help my mom run a day camp for the first part of summer and now I am going to Cape Cod to take care of my grandmother so I have no way of getting a job until next fall/winter. Second no matter what I do I cant seem to get comfertable in the escape, I feel like I am sitting funny and its uncomfertable, but that might be what I have to do until next summer.... anyone else's input, I will consider anything.

Thanks
Eric
The Mazda would be a nice car for you to start with or keeping your current car & saving up for a nice, clean ,dependable fox body.
I own a 88 Vert, but I only drive it maybe twice a week.
It is dependalbe, clean ,modern equipment ...
For me, my fox is my fun car, cruiser, toy, if you know what I mean.
It is just , I own three other vehicles that are more comfortable\ suitable for daily driving , plus I have a family & room & space is important.

FranticFocus05

Established Member
Alright thanks guys, I am probably going to be driving the Escape for the most part until me and my sister can sit down and figure out if the cars will be flopped and she will pay off the mazda or what, but I will definatly be keeping an eye out. By no means am I being handed a car, this is not "my" car I can call it that but my parents told me until I buy my own and pay insurance and gas and everything else they have the right to control everything about it.. fair enough.

CobraSusie

Team Shelby Great Lakes State Director (Indiana)
Established Member
MvKeeper said:

Thanks
Eric
I can see your point about the escape,

What is your new car spending budget? I never really liked the Ford Focus, but tell you what the 2005 Focus ST is really a nice car, the interior is leather and suede, incredibly comfortable, a 5 speed like you want, I think out the door itis like $20,900 I just bought one, and for a daily driver you can't beat it :beer:

I would say no to the foxbody, as you never know what kind of previous abuse it has seen, and it could have the potential for durability issues ;-)

I wish you the best of Luck :rockon:

Let us know what you decided to get

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
i would go with the mazda and be happy. once you get a hot rod you will have to put hot rod money into it. if you know what i'm sayin'...

Got5onIt

Mean Green Nation
Established Member
I say keep the Protege. Those Mazdaspeed models are nifty little cars. Perfect for young people. :thumbsup: :coolman:

kasee 03

Menudo Eater
Established Member
Listen to your parents, for years I drove one of these

Now I drive this

I know it's difficult and you see people your own age with cool ass cars and you wonder how come they have that and I don't? Well, that's life. Work hard and you'll get what you deserve just slow down. My parents were the same way with me and they went as far as to go to certain dealerships just to tell the salepeople not to sell me a certain car(V8). Damn, i'm starting to sound like my parents. :uh oh:

jimmy77

Established Member
First things first, get a little driving experience before you go jumping into a fox body.

The Escape doesn't feel quite right???? The springs(seats) didn't feel quite right(shooting up my a$$) in my 68 galaxy 500...come to think about it, the 12 foot of play in the steering didn't feel right either. Either vehicle beats the crap out of the city bus....if you're backside is that sensitive, go with the mazda.

Users who are viewing this thread