Everyone who has cut springs in here.

blueoval4ever

голубой овал на всегда
Established Member
How much did you cut your springs and how much did it lower your car?
I'm thinking about cutting my stock springs and putting them back on, these Eibachs ride way too rough!

69cobrajet

333 Half Evil
Established Member
Cut my rear 3/4 of a coil off.Lowered it 3/4 ".I have steeda springs.They didn't lower the car hardly any in the rear when I first installed them.It rides no different now. :thumbsup:

blueoval4ever

голубой овал на всегда
Established Member
It doesn't ride any different with the steeda springs than it did with cut springs?
Is the Cobra in your sig with the steeda springs on?

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
You know, go conservative on your first cut and do a half coil
if you decide to go more, good - you can cut more spring off
you can't, however, put cut coils back on...

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
Vancouver83LTD said:

Guessing you've never put springs on before ! LOL ! Ughhhhhhhhhhhh ! PITA Job to say the least !

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
hey again, you cut it down a little, put them back on, let them settle on the car, then come back to them after some driving...
again, you know you have to establish a base
that way a month later you will have a good idea of what you are happy with and just how much more you want to take off
Yes, I have put springs back on a car. i know it's a PITA. It's an even bigger PITA taking off overcut springs and putting brand new ones on...
my buddy did this to his fox body

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
Half a coil is good to even up the gap all the way around. one full coil for a significant drop...after that, you'd need stiffer springs to avoid bottoming out. Your Eibachs ride rough because they were not engineered for your car...the part number for your springs is the same for the 99 and 01 cars, which did not have so much weight up front. Let me guess...your car looks like one of those old sixties musclecars with the airjackers in the rear right? :(

Eibachs for the 03/04s lower too much in the front and hardly any in the rear. I did quite a bit of research on them...many 03/04 guys that installed them wound up cutting a full coil in the rear to get them to even approximate the front.

EDIT: Man, I gotta start reading people's rides under the avatars...you have a 00 GT and this isn't the Terminator forum. [smacks forehead] Yeah, cut stock a full coil would be a good start. Those GTs ride sky high...

Last edited:

blueoval4ever

голубой овал на всегда
Established Member
CarpetCityCobra said:
EDIT: Man, I gotta start reading people's rides under the avatars...you have a 00 GT and this isn't the Terminator forum. [smacks forehead] Yeah, cut stock a full coil would be a good start. Those GTs ride sky high...
No problem..You are right though, the front dropped alot and the rear only dropped a little but it isn't too extreme. Cutting the rears would be no problem but I want the Eibachs off because they ride so rough and the front end clunks alot since I put them on.

Vancouver83LTD said:

I would prefer only taking the springs off one more time, and if I cut too much off I guess I could always go back to the Eibachs. :cryying:

Last edited:

CSD

Banned
please dont flame me but how do we cut our springs. Is the ride quality decreased any by cutting our stockers :shrug:

blueoval4ever

голубой овал на всегда
Established Member
CSD 03MACH said:
please dont flame me but how do we cut our springs. Is the ride quality decreased any by cutting our stockers :shrug:
You can cut them with a die-grinder with a carbon cut off wheel. Ride quality is somewhat decreased but it can't be as bad as with the 460 lbin springs I put on.

Users who are viewing this thread