Everyone On Oprah got a Pontiac G6

Koolaid_Guy

That's right, everyone got a G6. I was flippin through the channels and they all got a brand spanking new G6. That must of cost a pretty penny :eek: If i got one, id sell it and buy a ford :D

UCBeau

I think they are 28k a piece according to the yahoo news story i saw. pretty cool actually, i'd sit through an hour of oprah to get a free car.

Koolaid_Guy

Originally posted by SanDiego01Snake
I think they are 28k a piece according to the yahoo news story i saw. pretty cool actually, i'd sit through an hour of oprah to get a free car.
]

Hell me to :rockon: Just would buy me a ford, not a pontiac fan :shrug:

c0dy

I...Need...Speed
Established Member
holy shit .... after knowing how she grew up (had to do a report in middle school) its great to see that she did that for so many people.... Thats really awesome of her! I dont give a shit if its a hyundai, these people would be happy with a decent used car, let alone a 28k brand new one.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
I thought G6's were really small and made to take place of a grand-am. Shouldnt they be like 15k dollar cars?!?!?

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
Originally posted by c0dy
holy shit .... after knowing how she grew up (had to do a report in middle school) its great to see that she did that for so many people.... Thats really awesome of her! I dont give a shit if its a hyundai, these people would be happy with a decent used car, let alone a 28k brand new one.

She didn't do it for anyone - Pontiac was the one who spent the money - they DONATED the cars...

JasonHogan

Established Member
If she bought 276 of them I doubt she paid 28k for them. Probably got them for free for the free advertisment. Dang rich people always get everything free.

EDIT: just read this in the story "The cars, which retail for $28,000, were donated by Pontiac"

Last edited:

Koolaid_Guy

Originally posted by Vancouver83LTD
She didn't do it for anyone - Pontiac was the one who spent the money - they DONATED the cars...

LOL probably wanted to get the car out there, make prople buy them. Big advertisment b/c we all know how the GTO is doing :lol: Can't even give away pontiac's now :p

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Originally posted by JasonHogan
If she bought 276 of them I doubt she paid 28k for them. Probably got them for free for the free advertisment. Dang rich people always get everything free.

EDIT: just read this in the story "The cars, which retail for $28,000, were donated by Pontiac"
"The cars, which retail for $28,000, were donated by Pontiac."

c0dy

I...Need...Speed
Established Member
i definately read the story and know they were donated, but she also donated ovr 10k in clothes, gave that kid a scholarship, and im sure pontiac wasnt just going to give these cars away in the first place... she probably thought it up and they were like "yeah... we need people to think we're good"

camaross0002

Established Member
hell pontiac didn't have to donate those cars. oprah has enough money to buy those cars a hundred times over. I work at the airport where she stores here planes. She has 2 global expresses 40 mil apiece and 2 G4 the are 35 mil apiece. But it's still cool that she did that for the people that needed cars and couldn't afford them.

UCBeau

Originally posted by camaross0002
hell pontiac didn't have to donate those cars. oprah has enough money to buy those cars a hundred times over. I work at the airport where she stores here planes. She has 2 global expresses 40 mil apiece and 2 G4 the are 35 mil apiece. But it's still cool that she did that for the people that needed cars and couldn't afford them.
4 airplanes!!! :eek: WTF does she need 4 airplanes for? :cuss:

TrueBlue'01GT

Established Member
Originally posted by camaross0002

True, Forbes has her worth more than $1 billion.

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
She's a buttwipe. Think about it, she didn't buy the cars. Pontiac used it as a tax write-off, and she got to come out looking like a saint again. WHOOPTY DO!

I remember a few years back she went to a village in some developing nation and gave them Ugg boots (Some $300 fashion statement). Just what a group of hungry people need...sheepskin boots.

Howabout being a REAL philanthropist and giving to causes worth giving to? Like AIDS charity or cancer research? Not 276 Chicago houswives who need a shiney new car.

:burn: F*ck Oprah:burn:

Last edited:

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
I would sit through 24 hours of Oprah if it meant I got a brand new car....especially one that cost that much

Users who are viewing this thread