every raced a modded maxima?

Sumair

Established Member
just curious on what your stories are if you have ever raced one. I never got a chance to race a terminator but ive smoked a few 96-01 cobras and gts. Share!!!

RunninRed

I'm Your Huckleberry
Established Member
I have seen my buddy with a stock 98 cobra race a 2000ish Max with a turbo and all the bolt ons. Cobra got him but not by much.

Not sure what your's puttin down but if you've beaten 96-01 cobra's thats respectable.

JoePac

Established Member
I beat a newer s/c'd Maxima, i'd say 04' at the time I had a 99' cobra w/ all bolt on's and 4.10 gears. We went from 5-115 had about 4-5 cars on him.

Sumair

Established Member
yes. they are all slow.

/thread

lol....stock they are 4 door family sedans....but with some mods...which do require some cash.....they can be great sleepers. stock..i agree with you ..they are pretty slow. the motor in those cars are great the only problem i see with them is they dont really have the punch on the top end. usually 70-120 is where they weaken up. I just swapped mine out.

Last edited:

The Joker

Johnny Rev Customs
Established Member
:wf:
on that note, it says you have one with a RB26tt engine. if memory serves me correct, that a skyline engine. twin turbo. pics?

eightballrj

Established Member
yes. they are all slow.

/thread

Sir you might want to check his vehicle details... That would be a Skyline RB25DETT there boss... I doubt his is slow and could be MUCH MUCH faster.

On another note... How the hell does that work? RB26=RWD car... Maxima= FWD car

xlcrew

Established Member
interesting swap you have in your max. just exactly how do you put a straight six in place of the v6 in a fwd car? i call bs on the car you have listed in your profile.
i have a max as you can see in my sig, and while they do take some cash to make decently fast they are great cars with the vq they have in them. my car with just y-pipe back exhaust, intake, and a 75 shot ran a 13.9. i've run a few stangs with bolt ons and it's kind of back and forth depending on the mods the stangs have.
a good buddy of mine has an 03 GT that at the time had lt's, full exhaust, intake, tb, and 3:55 gears and we were always dead even or i would get maybe a car on him.
i just love having decent fuel milage, low insurance, and the power that can be had out of these cars. also it's great to be able to haul my kid around in the back seat. much easier to put him into the car seat of my car than a coupe.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Raced a bolt-on one and raped it.

+1 on how you swapped a staight 6 into a V6 car, especially into a FWD car. :bs:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Just in case you're curious "WE DON'T GIVE A SHIT!!!

Just a question for you. Are you good at reading fading license plates? Well see the reason I ask is because about 98% of the members on here will hand you your ass and that's all you'll be seeing when you get toasted!

Oh I need to answer your original question.

Well I've out accelerated one at a stop light. I wasn't racing but I think that slow thing was. I wouldn't consider that a race. Or should I?

Last edited:

Third Honk

It's OK, I'm Handsome
Established Member
Great cars, I loved my 4th and 5.5 gen :) If you are racing imports they're fantastic and great sleepers. With enough money you can make anything fast, even 2V's :D

I've always had a thing for sleepers and my 4th gen with basic bolt ons and tuning ran really strong (the 5.5 gen was just a factory freak so I never touched it.) It's great to have a decently fast car that is also very at home carting friends around and that's what attracted me to maxima's (the VQ series motors are second to none, incredible low end and smooth as silk.) I'm still on the maxima forums and give a lot of respect to those guys because a lot of them are having to find their own way with the limited aftermarket support. Some of the turbo maxima's are insane.

I was going to go with a Cobra as the next car but in the end the sleeper effect wouldn't let go of me :) It's an uphill battle with these 2V's but it's a ton of fun because no one expects it.

I have yet to see a max with an RB swap though so I'm in for the pics.

Users who are viewing this thread