Ever raced a svt focus?

cmezip

Established Member
I have run three CSVT's and every time I won by a fair margin. I just ran a CSVT on the highway from 60 mph (and I was in 4th for all of you FSVT guys:lol: ) and I still beat him.
My best time in my 98 EO CSVT was 15.1 @ 92 mph on a 50 deg. day, so I know these car's can run (I had a home made Air box on it and that was it) but I think it was a factory freak cuz I beat down other CSVT's on a regular basis

Green SVT

Established Member
Me too. Why do people make it seem like they beat another car with similar performance by truck lengths? I'm not saying you didn't beat him. I AM saying that if you both were racing, neither car is going to get smoked. (Stock situation here) Why don't we find a stock CSVT and a stock FSVT and put this argument to rest.

-R-

Green SVT

Established Member
Oh, and for the record, I pulled on my wifes 3.2TL Type-S on the hiway. That makes your hiway race that much harder to believe. Oh well. good kill.

-R-

cmezip

Established Member
Originally posted by RTStabler51
Are you stock? Otherwise I call BS....
Me??? This last time yes all stock (just had it into the dealer)
the time before I handed a CSVT it ass I had a pulley and a drop in K&N. I owned a SVTC for almost 2 years and I thought it would have been faster then me but so far, no. I would be all to happy to run somebody off contour.org from the STL area.

My stock 2001 Mustang right down to the paper filter ran a 13.7@101.

I only beat the one guy by about a car length, not a truck.

:beer:
and happy hunting

Last edited:

Dustyn

Established Member
noooooooooo! My launches are far from mild. I drop the hammer at about 4k. Thats why in my sig my car was on blocks at one time. My speed was a 91.9 so I rounded 1 tenth so shoot me. My 1/8 mile was at 73x mph and a 9.88 I think. Oh here are two vids of my car. I am the car in the nearest lane in the night shots. If your wondering why the camera didn't zoom in on the times is because it wouldn't. Its one of those camera/camcorders.

burnout

drag vid

Last edited:

cmezip

Established Member
you did say you ran a 9.88 with a 92 mph trap speed, not 73 mph. the 73 is a whole lot more believable. My SVTC ran a similar trap speed.
4 K is nothing, I do it at 5.5K in the Foci :p

Green SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by cmezip
you did say you ran a 9.88 with a 92 mph trap speed, not 73 mph. the 73 is a whole lot more believable. My SVTC ran a similar trap speed.
4 K is nothing, I do it at 5.5K in the Foci :p
Actually 4k is alot in these cars. If I tried a 5k rpm launch in the Tour, it would be going home on a tow truck. The drivetrain is glass.:(

-R-

Dustyn

Established Member
Originally posted by Green SVT
Actually 4k is alot in these cars. If I tried a 5k rpm launch in the Tour, it would be going home on a tow truck. The drivetrain is glass.:(

-R-
Exactly thats what happend to mine that night. If you watch the vid when I raced the blue loud ass car is when I spent my trans but I still finished the run.

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
I can't even hook up with over 2/3 throttle in 1st gear.

Launching at 4k, 5k, etc would be nothing but a big smoke show.

Your best times will be from a quick clutch slip around 2500-3000 rpm.
You could try a high rpm clutch slip but the stock clutch will not hold very well and modulating the clutch and throttle is not a task viable for the majority of the folks driving.

cmezip

Established Member
Mine held up for 2 years and I had the first spider gear set up (the real fragile one) course I did not launch @ 5 k either in that car, the focus seems to do fine, smell a little clutch but hey if it breaks it needed upgrading anyhow!!

Czechchamp

Established Member
hmmmm

I'm not saying that stock vs stock FSVT can't beat CSVT, I'm sure it happened before, but having both equaly driven I believe that the CSVT would win. CSVT is a faster car hands down.

all costume SVT

Established Member
I raced a svtf form a dead stop and we were neck to neck. We ran a little more then a 1/4 mile thoe. At the end I hade him by a bumper. I give the car props thoe. I test drove the new 5 door svtf and i was not vary impressed. The pick up was slow and it could have been the weight of two people but i dought it. Maby the 2 door is a little bit quicker. I raced the 2 door electric blue one. The guy then passed me when we were done and gust nodded his head. I only saw that he had a exhust and herd an intake. I have about the same mods, most likely more. but it was a good race if this helps your battle detween the two.

1qwkpny

Established Member
I know ford was aiming at the younger crowd w/the svt focus and it's a great little car. But I can say after I drove a 2dr svtf when I was thinking on trading in my svtc, although I liked the handling and braking the acceleration is what kept me in my svtc. Frankly I was not impressed w/the svt focus. It is again a great car but is seriously lacking in the accelation dept. If only ford would let us have there turbocharged awd version............... then we would have an EVO fighter.

Users who are viewing this thread