Ever lived in Australia?

KICKDOFFTHETOUR

Established Member
I have been thinking of moving to Sydney or Melbourne for a stay lasting 6months - a year. Can anyone recommend things I need to do while I'm there. Places to see or avoid, better suburbs to live in than others, ect.

Google searching everything is very boring so I thought I'd ask my favorite E-friends for help, thanks :beer:

Fugazied

Established Member
Melbourne is a better place to go than Sydney imo, particularly if you like eating at restaurants, going to the theatre, and seeing live music.

Melbs really is the cultural hub of Australia, while sydney just has some prominent landmarks. Might be worth visiting Sydney for 4-5 days but melbs has more things to do. If you do go to Sydney, avoid hanging out in the western suburbs. That's where there is more crime and yobbos.

KICKDOFFTHETOUR

Established Member
Melbourne is a better place to go than Sydney imo, particularly if you like eating at restaurants, going to the theatre, and seeing live music.

Melbs really is the cultural hub of Australia, while sydney just has some prominent landmarks. Might be worth visiting Sydney for 4-5 days but melbs has more things to do. If you do go to Sydney, avoid hanging out in the western suburbs. That's where there is more crime and yobbos.

I have been leaning more towards Melbourne then Sydney so thanks for the advice.

Users who are viewing this thread