Ever hear of anyone putting 03-04 Eaton on a 99-01?

race495

Established Member
Just curious if anyone has done this swap before of the intake,blower,front accesories,etc still using the 99-01 longblock onto a 99-01?

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
I heard of some one that did it but by the time he was done putting all the stock 03 stuff that he needed on it was more than if he would have just bought an procharger kit.

if i were you i would just pick up an KB kit and save yourself the hasle

J

race495

Established Member
I just did it in 10 hours and the total cost was $1200 for everything including injectors/maf and a dyno tuned chip. Did this on a friend's car.

I was wondering if it has been done and possibly documented on the web?

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
they guy that i heard of, did it when the 03's just came out and he paid pretty good dollar for all his parts.

sounds like you got a damn good deal.

what kind of numbers did you put down?

also for 1200 bucks i would be very intrested in doing the same.
any hook ups?

J

snowmancobra

Established Member
see signature.

cost alot, but that was because i really didnt have the hookups... if you have the hookups this is a good deal. 462 at the wheels is awesome with stock boost and stock blower. I have full exhaust. So taht helped. I could probably have 500 at the wheels with a port job and an AGRESSIVE tune, but bye bye motor if i did that.

RioRed4v

Established Member
snowman..i remember you running into a lot of problems with getting the peices bolted up?? please give us the run-down again.

I have a buddy in PHX and I could get his blower, injectors, the entire 03 Eaton kit for $600.

snowmancobra

Established Member
I dont even have the parts list anymore. Plus if I had it i wouldnt just give it away for free that took MONTHS to put together. Mostly its brackets and a few other misc parts that cause this thing to 1. take forever 2. cost alot

You need the 03 lower intake obviously, intercooler, ic pump, alternator brackets and alternator, new timing cover, all the tensioners, etc etc...Dont forget bolts that have to be a specific size that come with all this junk. Best bet is to get a complete diagram of this stuff and look at the blower setup.

race495

Established Member
Originally posted by RioRed4v
snowman..i remember you running into a lot of problems with getting the peices bolted up?? please give us the run-down again.

I have a buddy in PHX and I could get his blower, injectors, the entire 03 Eaton kit for $600.

If you could get those parts that cheap I say do it. I know HP performance will buy your 99 intake from you due to the 03-04 cobra guys needing them for the twin turbo setup. You would then have very little in your setup, maybe $1200-$1400 when done.

If you can gather the parts you will need first it can be done at home in a few days time without a lift.

On my swap we lucked out and had a friend who ordered the HP kit and so it was advantageous for him to go with a 99 front dress along with the intake so we swapped all of the parts between the cars plus some cash. That is the best way to do it as you are guaranteed to have all of the parts.

snowmancobra

Established Member
another thign that helps is having an 03 in pieces right in front you so you know what brackets etc you need. When mine was put together we had that luxury of an 03 that his motor blew and his blower set up was in pieces and everything.

bouncer18

Established Member
i was doing the swap... decided to turbo instead.. soi sold off the kit i had to someone else...

i got a complete list with ford part numbers

will post it when i get home

JJ Cobra

Established Member
I also did this but it cost me a whole lot more then $1200. You stole the parts if that's what you paid.

Snowmancobra:
My motor broke. I cracked the top ring on two piston and then they burned a hole through the side. The motor is in rebuild now. I'm going balls to the wall and making it a big bore stroker. I'm going to use a D&D Viper spec T56 and an Exidy twin disk clutch.

snowmancobra

Established Member
holy shit you blew it up. Who tuned? I know you said you did an apten port job on it right? Give me specifics, mine so far is so good. you beat on it?

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
I heard last week from a friend that FRPP sells the Eatons for 99-01 Cobra's now. I called a speed shop by my house and the guy said it is listed, but he coldn't get me a price til Monday. I see the 96-98 model on FRPP's website, but no mention of the 99-01's. If they do make them, I would expect they would be about the same price as the 96-98's, about $2,500. With injectors and everything else, it would probably run around 3k I'm guessing, not bad for 400+ rwhp. Hopefully, this is not just rumor.

race495

Established Member
Update:
We threw it on the dyno and made 446hp 421tq. Air was about 80 degrees outside and the car was not cooled down so on a perfect day 460 or so would be realistic.

This is with the following mods and only 17* total timing.
1) Steeda cold air kit
2)Mac prochamber
3)Mac 3" catback

We also richened it to about 11:1 a/f so that my buddy won't kill it right away, it had more left in it but the rods and pistons will start to be on borrowed time.

snowmancobra

Established Member
can you post the dyno sheet?

Good numbers how much boost was it making? I was at 462, but thats with the long tubes and I think a smidge less timing.

ReallyRedCobra

No really. Its that red.
Established Member
Rick James said:
I heard last week from a friend that FRPP sells the Eatons for 99-01 Cobra's now. I called a speed shop by my house and the guy said it is listed, but he coldn't get me a price til Monday. I see the 96-98 model on FRPP's website, but no mention of the 99-01's. If they do make them, I would expect they would be about the same price as the 96-98's, about $2,500. With injectors and everything else, it would probably run around 3k I'm guessing, not bad for 400+ rwhp. Hopefully, this is not just rumor.

Really? Post the info once you get it.

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
ReallyRedCobra said:
Really? Post the info once you get it.

Called the place back on Monday and got a different guy on the phone. He said the other guy must have been smokin crack, and that there is no Eaton application for a 99-01. Sorry for the tease, but I kinda knew it was too good to be true.

yo bouncer18, you gonna post your parts list??

snowmancobra

Established Member
there is no specific parts list even. Think of the logical changes that need to be made and then get a diagram of the 03/04 cobra motor with blower and you will then see how it all works. Fromt eh alternator brackets and alternator, to the power steering etc... Those are the little things, but pains in the ass.

Users who are viewing this thread